• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Post your pc specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
As the title says, post your specs of what you're running underneath that hood....errr.... side cover!

Dual-Dual-Core AMD Opteron 270, 2GHz Processors (so it's a quad)
6GB PC3200 ECC Registered RAM,
nVidia 8800 GTS 640MB Video Card
SB Audigy 2 Platinum
650W Silverstone PSU
Koolance water block/pump liquid cooling for video card.
L.I.S2 Display/Fan Controller

AutoMX

Reaction score
well i got too many PCs but im typing this on a laptop i use for web and such, it's a 1.4ghz celeron M. my main comp is alreay 2 yrs old and its a dual core athlon 4200+ and a geforce 7600GT and 2gb ram. i need to upgrade at some point but im too lazy to reinstall all the progs and OSes (XP x32 and XP x64). i also have a small 32 watt server (1ghz P3) and a media server i put together with leftover parts (P4 2.8ghz geforce 6200).

my mom has a crazy 1000 watt dual core 2 extreme quad core (8 core 14ghz) system at work with 8gb ram and a quadro fx 1500 but the thing is so power hungry she cant leave it on overnight to work cuz the AC in the building cant keep up.

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
Intel conroe 6400
2gb crucial ballistics

ahh hell heres the thing from xfire

Processor: Intel Core2Duo CPU 6400 @ 3.2GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM of D9 goodness
Hard Drive: 160 GB
Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7600 GT
Monitor: 19" Hanns-G
Sound Card: onboard
Speakers/Headphones: 4 channel surround sound
Keyboard: standard USB
Mouse: optical W/ 5 buttons
Mouse Surface: generic
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Desktop: ($530, Custom built)

E2140 1.6GHz @ 3.1GHz
P31-DS3L
pqi Turbo DDR2-800 CL4 @ 1100MHz
Seagate Barracuda 80GB SATAII
Rosewill ATX Case
Sapphire HD3850 256MB
Sony WriteMaster DVD Burner PATA
Onboard 7 channel audio
Windows Vista Ultimate x64

AH191D 19" WideScreen
X-230 2.1 Surround Sound (With sub :D)
USB Hp mouse :)roflol:)

Laptop:

AMD Sempron 3400+ @ 1.8GHz
S1 motherboard (lol)
G Skills 1GB PC-5300 (DDR2-667)
Seagate Barracuda 89GB SATAII 5200.1
15" Widescreen
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
1GB of ReadyBooster
DVD Burner (Combo Drive)
Integrated Wireless
Overclocked GeForce Go 6150

:)

oscaryu1

Reaction score
As the title says, post your specs of what you're running underneath that hood....errr.... side cover!

Dual-Dual-Core AMD Opteron 270, 2GHz Processors (so it's a quad)
6GB PC3200 ECC Registered RAM,
nVidia 8800 GTS 640MB Video Card
SB Audigy 2 Platinum
650W Silverstone PSU
Koolance water block/pump liquid cooling for video card.
L.I.S2 Display/Fan Controller

You running a server or something? :eek:

ECC?! Haha! Woot but it's not a monolith quad ;)

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
You running a server or something? :eek:

ECC?! Haha! Woot but it's not a monolith quad ;)

No, That's just my regular PC. :D Stable as heck running XP x64.

No, Only because I bought all the components before quadcore processors were available.....and people said it was overkill at the time..... :arf:

everything running on an ASUS K8N-DL board.

This is a pic of my CPU usage while running Grid with all settings at max. I'm happy to see that it takes advantage of multiple cores; it runs smoooooooth!

Attachments

• CPU.jpg
    CPU.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 8

Magice

Reaction score
desktop:
core 2 duo 4300 @ 2.7ghz w/ tt big typhoon
2gb crucial ballistix ddr2-800 ram
250gb hd / 160gb hd
corsair hx520w psu
nvidia 8800gt (bfg)
asus p5b deluxe mobo
20.1" LG flat panel
coolermaster 620 case

laptop:
macbook pro 15"
core 2 duo @ 2.2ghz
2gb ram
120gb hd
nvidia 8600m gt 128mb

kibble why in the world did you go with ecc?
also you should boot vista 64x onto another partition and give it a try. imo it's MUCH more stable
and fast than xp64. Only problem you might encounter is drivers.. I didn't have any problem with drivers though.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
A p3 and under a gig of ram, 40gig HDD, dual cd burners, missing case, HP frame and mobo. Fan duct taped and wired in place.

Last edited:

Magice

Reaction score
HX series are modular. I'm due for a wolfdale and gtx280 style overhaul though :)

Ya 64 bit xp is a deathtrap.. I'm shocked that he got it running good at all.

AutoMX

Reaction score
nah XPx64 is fine if you can get drivers, its way WAY better than vista or XPx32 for running programs that use up the system's full potential. for most people this isn't very useful but i do animation for a job and often max out the ram on work computers cuz 32 bit only allows a max for 2gb per program running (3gb if you turn on the 3gb switch). vista is a memory and cpu/gpu (video card) hog and ive never heard of it being used in a professional environment where any heavy computing is done.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
kibble why in the world did you go with ecc?
also you should boot vista 64x onto another partition and give it a try. imo it's MUCH more stable
and fast than xp64. Only problem you might encounter is drivers.. I didn't have any problem with drivers though.

My motherboard will only work with ECC. It will not take any other type of RAM. EXPENSIVE :censored: !!!

64 bit version of XP?! Oh deary me lol... I heard it was rather... bad... very hard to find drivers!

Haha, modular?

HX series are modular. I'm due for a wolfdale and gtx280 style overhaul though :)

Ya 64 bit xp is a deathtrap.. I'm shocked that he got it running good at all.

I have 64bit compatible drivers for ALL my devices. :bannana:

nah XPx64 is fine if you can get drivers, its way WAY better than vista or XPx32 for running programs that use up the system's full potential. for most people this isn't very useful but i do animation for a job and often max out the ram on work computers cuz 32 bit only allows a max for 2gb per program running (3gb if you turn on the 3gb switch). vista is a memory and cpu/gpu (video card) hog and ive never heard of it being used in a professional environment where any heavy computing is done.

:iagree: I hate Vista, piece of crap OS. If it wasn't for the fact that almost everything requires stupid windows, I wouldn't even have it installed. There's been OS's over time that I would like to have seen take a better place in the PC world, but of course M$ being the monopoly they are, has managed to kill them off and not let them have a place.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Heh... time for upgrade. XMS2 CL4 is $33, free shipping. 2GB, Dual Channel kit. $99 for 6GB haha.

Magice

Reaction score
You'll end up installing Vista eventually.. trust me.
But if you really don't like Windows, booting Linux is a viable solution these days. Just use WINE or virtualization for important work apps, and dual boot a clean copy of XP for games.

I'm rockin a Macbook Pro as my main computer for the past month actually! Not the greatest for games (will play any source game..) but a real fast desktop replacement.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Vista's fine for the daily user. True, those little applications on XP are harder to find in Vista, but for the average user, Vista is no biggy.

I'm a huge fan of XP (personally use Pro SP2), and have Vista Ultimate x64 currently on my PC. It's a great OS, probably even better now that SP1 is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.