Positive ID on the Beast aka Killer...add this to Streaker database

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWes

Reaction score
And without further ado....

And no more guessing...

With some delicate paint removal I give you this...IMG_20190610_192007012.jpg

What we need is a Streaker database since these things are hard to ID.

This is the one I am restoring...kinda..

Wes...

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
You're lucky, your model decal was just painted over!
Mine's gone.....
Ahh, well, we ID'd it anyway.

BigWes

Reaction score
You're lucky, your model decal was just painted over!
Mine's gone.....
Ahh, well, we ID'd it anyway.

Yea, everyone knew it was a Streaker, but I don't recall anyone getting the model number right.

But that's ok. From what I've seen so far with the Streaker karts they're kinda all over the place.

I think a thread with the various models and pictures of said kart would be a great go to contribution if people on the site would volunteer their kart pics...I am going to start a thread when I get home from work I have an SC 6, and an SC 7, and there are some changes I think.

I don't know what my other one is.

Wes

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
In FAQ and Articles, there is a kart identification thread.
Could maybe a mod unlock it? It's only about 3 pages long, which is kinda too short.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Doing a short Gewgle (heresy!) image search, I don't see much of anything show up for an SC6 so this is some good information.

You oughta get the kart out by itself like on some freshly cut grass and do some "beauty shots" so people can use the photos to ID theirs.

I don't call 'em strictly a Streaker though. Manco made a 'Streaker' too, for all intents and purposes, so that might cause confusion (the Manco Streaker is a mini bike).

It's a Ken-Bar, baby! :D

BigWes

Reaction score
The Ken-Bar SC6 is the Beast, there are no good shots of it...it was ugly junk when I got it and now I have it torn apart for a complete overhaul.

I put a few pics up last night but I must have not saved them.

IMG_20190324_181323708.jpg

IMG_20190324_181311374.jpg

I also have...

Ken-Bar SC7

The blue kart. It looks almost the same but there are subtle design differences that I will take photos of and try to point out in a later post if anyone would be interested. A big difference is adjustable brake linkages. I think I will incorporate some type of this into the SC6 as I go back together with it. I think it is an excellent idea to optimize pedal height without having to over adjust the calipers if you will...not to mention other things...

IMG_20190611_185500839.jpg

Then the black kart...

Ken-Bar model unknown at this time...

This one has been hacked and welded...

I've decided to try and fabricate it as close as I can back to what I think it would have looked like.

The only hard part will be making a seat. The seat floorpan and seat back are actually welded on the kart. Maybe if I get creative I can work with what I have and make something. I have a decent welder...but I don't consider myself a welder nor do I have those skills...maybe I can just fake it.

IMG_20190603_195126533.jpg

For what it's worth I love this kart design.

It just calls to me. To way it rides. The way it fits. The way it handles and zips down the road. It's solid. It feels like an old classic car with a V8 engine or an old 4x4 truck with a big built engine. It's just a solid pleasure to drive. An old chassis just waiting for someone to put a heart transplant into...

It was never in my plans...but that GX 340 and a 40 series converter...some mild engine work on it maybe as I don't think it needs much. Certainly bring one of those big karts to life...time will tell.

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.