Poboy's 2016-17-18-19.....??? build off entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
All in good time...just did a quick check with dial calipers and a second tube is right on....the third is going to need adjustment...as it's a sixteenth too proud.

After those 3 are tacked...the other 3 will be gravy.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
I got the first tube tacked and used a telescoping guage to get the sprocket perfectly parallel to the rim all the way around.

Now I can tack the other two tubes.

FreeRunner15

=======
Reaction score
All in good time...just did a quick check with dial calipers and a second tube is right on....the third is going to need adjustment...as it's a sixteenth too proud.

After those 3 are tacked...the other 3 will be gravy.

I got the first tube tacked and used a telescoping guage to get the sprocket perfectly parallel to the rim all the way around.

Now I can tack the other two tubes.

Pic plzz.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Well there goes the site's family friendly rating lol.

Sent from Tapatalk while on the porcelain throne!

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Soooo....All of the thread sticking up should make more sense now.

The first pic shows 3 tubes tacked...not pretty, but they don't have to be....they just need to work.

The second pic shows the big bolt which centers the sprocket.

And the third shows how the all-thread adjusted the sprocket parallel to the hub.

Now the tacked tubes keep the sprocket parallel so the other 3 tubes can be tacked.

It will take another set-up to weld the other side.

Attachments

• 14735498855520.jpg
    14735498855520.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 14735495030480.jpg
    14735495030480.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 14735483966800.jpg
    14735483966800.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 6

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
OK...So here's the set-up to weld the other side. I can only weld one tube at a time....( the one with the small all-thread) as I have to run a drill bit through after welding to get the 3/8" bolts to slide through. If I were to weld at the 3/8" bolts...they would likely get stuck and have to be hammered out.

Meanwhile....I want the other 5 holes filled with the 3/8" bolts to keep everything centered as possible.

Attachments

• 14736269393010.jpg
    14736269393010.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 7

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Let's not get special ed involved...I still have a large bone to pick with my former school district.

Sent from Tapatalk while on the porcelain throne!

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
So it looks like dead axle for your kart? You think those HF wheels will hold up to all your modifications?

I finally got some rear tires and they are setup for dead axle. but i really want live axle for mine. Maybe i just give up and follow the poboy way.

p.s. i see your friend is back :)

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
So it looks like dead axle for your kart? You think those HF wheels will hold up to all your modifications?

I finally got some rear tires and they are setup for dead axle. but i really want live axle for mine. Maybe i just give up and follow the poboy way.

p.s. i see your friend is back :)

Yeah...this is a real Poboy build...so poor I can only afford two wheels for this "kart"...:lolgoku:

Status
Not open for further replies.