Poboy tailgate shortening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Its amazing what a good lens will get you. Check theses Before and afters.

Attachments

• poboy2.jpg
    poboy2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 118
  • brad.jpg
    brad.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 118

mckutzy

Reaction score
Naaaa.....

Id say more a Gordon Freeman instead......

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Well.....just getting started on this tailgate. Some pics of the old one and a pic of it....been really kinda chilly here....and I got sidetracked by some really good barbacoa tacos and really, really good menudo....

I was eating the menudo thinking :" Man, this is REALLY. good menudo..seasoned perfectly and cooked well...but something just isn't right.... I had a big bowl in me before I realized....there was no hominy in it!!!

But...it's now raining and cold...soooo...maybe tomorrow on the tailgate!

Attachments

• 14529679025600.jpg
    14529679025600.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 14529679183451.jpg
    14529679183451.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 14529679387572.jpg
    14529679387572.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 5

machinist@large

Reaction score
Now how am I going to impress this forum with this build if you guys give away all my secrets before I even start?

Chancer, by now you should have grasped the fact that the Poboy is a wood tick; he's got some basic metal working skills, but the rest is going to be small wood scraps and filler....

Scheesh, I would have thought you'd have figured it out by now...... (Why don't we have our old face palm imoji back when we need it?!?!?!?)

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
B F H is Big Fat Hammer. Which is technically a Carpenters (wood Tick) tool. :popcorn: no wait :yawn: :useless:

machinist@large

Reaction score
B F H is Big Fat Hammer. Which is technically a Carpenters (wood Tick) tool. :popcorn: no wait :yawn: :useless:

:toetap05: :toetap05: :toetap05: :toetap05: :toetap05:

In my line of work, anything under 5 lbs doesn't count. 5lb. counts as a SFH; 10lbs and above are MFH's; you need to clear the 15 lb head weight range for it to count as a BFH. Sorry, just the way it is....

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Ok...So...I was driving this truck around a little and it started getting above 75% on the temp guage....I tried removing the drain petcock and it barely dribbled any water out. I got it warmed up....(75%) and removed the cap...and it spewed out nasty brown crap. I spent $3 on Dollar Tree CLR generic stuff and put two bottles in. Warmed it back up and it blew the crap blocking the petcock out and emptied the radiator. I let it cool down and put in the last $1 bottle of CLR in it...started it up and filled it with water. Drove it twice as far and it never went above 1/2 way on the temp.

I'm gonna run it some more tomorrow, then drain it and put some Prestone radiator flush in it....and run it for awhile.....

Anyway...because of that....I didn't have a lot of time for the tailgate revamp....so I only did a little....(and I've gotta find my duct tape and bubble gum)....soooo....maybe tomorrow!

Attachments

• 14530744571480.jpg
    14530744571480.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 5
  • 14530744913862.jpg
    14530744913862.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 4

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Cut that skin off and English wheel that little bitty dent out. Use a shrinking disc for any remaining tiny high spots. Then weld her back up. Geeze! :rolleyes:

Denny

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to cut it on the ends....(after separating the two) but I've decided to just continue the same cut on the skin side and just deal with a seam there.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Dont section the skin then. just cut it, so you can overlap the seam, spot weld and bondo.

Status
Not open for further replies.