• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Po ol Gan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
What a shame. Poor guy comes here for advice. Gets a little flack from me about a profile location...(because he says there aren't any karts on Craigslist) ...winds up FILLING OUT A PROFILE LOCATION....but some people just want to make a Federal case out of it...wind up hijacking the thread, getting it closed....and are so petty that they feel the need to start another thread to talk about it.

If Gan doesn't come back...is it because I pushed for a location....or interforum bickering?

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Doug, please take this as a mandatory suggestion. BE NICE OR JUST DON'T RESPOND. It's pretty simple.

That said, yes there was some bickering. But that's also because of longstanding issues. Either way, we owe it to the others to pay it forward and be kind.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Doug, please take this as a mandatory suggestion. BE NICE OR JUST DON'T RESPOND. It's pretty simple.

That said, yes there was some bickering. But that's also because of longstanding issues. Either way, we owe it to the others to pay it forward and be kind.

That being said....and I do agree...When you asked me to stop...I did.

I didn't start this thread to continue the argument or defend my position...but to point out that the infighting is what's TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.

I may not ask the most delicate way for profile locations at times.What seems harsh sometimes often registers with the OP though, and third party attacks dilute and diffuse the point....and cause more harm than good.

Did the OP fill out a profile location? If I upset him so bad...why wouldn't he just leave without filling one out?

But....all the bickering and the thread being closed (which he might not even understand) ...doesn't exactly equate to a warm welcome, does it?

And I said I shouldn't have even bothered to post a reply....and I shouldn't have.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Said it before and say it again:

it's never a single individual or event...
It's an overall impression.

Doug, I'd say Gan would've just swallowed your "location distress call"
and he likely would've just ignored a quarrel that's going on.

But both in his thread.. at a first impression on how we roll?
that's been too much most likely.

So, yes it's your fault!
No it's not your fault alone neither.

'sid

PS old dogs new tricks... we all need to learn from that!

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score

You know what? Sometimes people just beg to get laughed at, and it's only human nature to do it.

I wrote a great story about thuis stuff, posted it, it disappeared and said thread was locked.
I ain't rewriting it.:censored:

DeathMachine

Reaction score
There is another forum I frequent that requests members not only fill out location, but also that they list their vehicle specifics in their sig line to cut down on the "what year, what engine" etc questions when tech advice is requested. If someone hasn't inclded that info then someone usually just mentions that they will get a faster answer if they do. Occasionally, someone gets butthurt.

It's not really a particular member here or there that is the issue, it's how an individual interprets what they read.

Perhaps a sticky in the introduction forum for new members stating that filling out a location isn't required, but will result in members being more willing to help... make it part of DIYGK 'culture' since this is a global web site, and location really IS important when it comes to parts and shipping...

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The info is in stickies, and it's in the "welcome email" that everyone gets when they sign up. Doesn't mean anyone reads it of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.