• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

pimp ma ride....

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Walker

Reaction score
I'm confused how these things can even go through a wheat field... they are so low, you would get stuck on tall grass... lol

edit; if you want pictures of a small TRUCK stuck on tall grass. I can ask a friend if he still has them... LOL!

mckutzy

Reaction score
AFAIK... Most vehicles can benifit from a cold air intake, as long as they can burn efficiently.
Any forced induction will need a inter-cooler/cold air intake.

Modifications will really depend on how much money you want to spend(as previously said), and in the end, you can only get so much out of the car anyways before you need to get a bigger engine.

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
now comes another problem. The cops' BS about exhaust sound. we were testing the FFE on my friends' ride when a cop pulled us over stating that the exhaust is waaay too loud. we asked for a decibel meter and he gave us a challan (sorta fine).

so what should we do? do all the exhaust custom but leave the muffler stock? or we revert to stock? thing is, the car is insanely fun with a cold air intake, semi- synth oil and 5-point plugs with perf. wires. Now, this exhaust problem is cutting the fun.

EDIT- I would love to see some DIY cold air intake setups, if anyone has tried something like this

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
now comes another problem. The cops' BS about exhaust sound. we were testing the FFE on my friends' ride when a cop pulled us over stating that the exhaust is waaay too loud. we asked for a decibel meter and he gave us a challan (sorta fine).

so what should we do?

If he won't take a bribe....kill him....:thumbsup::lolgoku:

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
these cops don't wait for a bribe. they write off a ticket, make a video and take off ASAP.

so the only solution is replaced headers with cat-bak exhaust BUT stock muffler. maybe an aftermarket tip

OzFab

Reaction score
The best advice I can offer is find out the legal limit & have it tested; if the result is above the legal limit, then worry about it; if it's below the legal limit, you will receive a print out stating the noise level of the vehicle; it won't help you get out of the "fine" but, it will prevent you from receiving any more...

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
thanks Fab. the car is somewhere around 60 on idle (if my ear functions right) and will easily touch 95 in the 2.5-6k rpm range. legal limit is 85db.

:backtotopic: here is the attached pic of the engine bay of my car. since the dzire shares all its mechanicals with the swift (exception- a beefier rear suspension), all the upgrades applying to the swift apply to the dzire too. the airbox is roomy enough to accomodate a K&N 57i kit without amputating the MAF and the intake pipe can be extended to suck in air from beside the radiator. any thoughts?

PS- the piping will be plastic, because it is better insulated

the stock intake setup (a lil grimy, but it does the job :lolgoku:)
Photo0101.jpg

placing the filter where the blue pipe is running from, right beside the radiator
IMG00217201102091226.jpg

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
sorry guys was busy too much, but got a bit done on the car-

Dual tip exhaust muffler
Iridium spark plugs
ECU Reset (so that it can set a "better" mapping)

here are the pics

Photo0087.jpg

Photo0089.jpg

Photo0091.jpg

Photo0100.jpg

Photo0102.jpg

'design

mckutzy

Reaction score
Dude, you need to use gas welding goggles, or you are going to ruin your eyes in short order. After that you were probably seeing stars burnt right in your retinas.

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
Dude, you need to use gas welding goggles, or you are going to ruin your eyes in short order. After that you were probably seeing stars burnt right in your retinas.

That isn't me doing the job. and they sorta forged it (melted the iron together and then whacked them into place), so no bright suns........ in his retinas.........

the car is much better now. Idle clatter has reduced to zero and the car is exceptionally silent now. Only after 3.5 k rpm you will start finding the sound loud. Driving wise, the car responds much better to my right foot. Economy has seen a 5-8% rise.

For the record, it can now wheelspin at 2nd gear at 30k, my friend did this while testing the car...........

'design

Status
Not open for further replies.