• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

pimp ma ride....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
hello guys. Dis time im here wid an objective of making ma ride fast. My sedan (a swift dzire, only found in india) does a lousy 100mph unlike my suv, powered by a monster diesel that touches a 119. So any of u know of cheap mods that will turn it into a rocket?

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
hello guys. Dis time im here wid an objective of making ma ride fast. My sedan (a swift dzire, only found in india) does a lousy 100mph unlike my suv, powered by a monster diesel that touches a 119. So any of u know of cheap mods that will turn it into a rocket?

We know absolutely nothing about the engine, so we cannot tell you. Give us some more info about it and we can help you out

OzFab

Reaction score
There's a bucketload of external mods you can do, depending on the depth of your pockets; however, 100mph is not exactly slow, in fact, if you were to drive at 100mph in Australia, you'd be about 35mph over the national speed limit which, if caught, would cost you your licence... INSTANTLY!

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
fowler, u read my mind. Guys. I want to make the car more sportier. It pulls burnouts and wheelspins alright but its dynamism is what disappoints me. 2nd gear is like moving a rock, and the steering does a gud job of pointing that stubby hood where I want. But a stealth performance upgrade is all i need. And, the engine is a k12m all aluminium engine with 1149ccs and 84 bhp

mckutzy

Reaction score
Like most engine upgrades, air filter/free flow exhaust(does it have a cat?)/better ignition products(wires plugs ect), I'm guessing a computer involved(get a performance chip), have some money..... Forced induction... Pick one/both/all... Turbo/super...
NoS.....??

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
NoS?...... People dont even know how nos works here.

ECU tune up? maybe yeah
Filter? that seems my best current bet. but des it have any performance benefits?

I was thinking of some outer mods like stripes, blaced roof etc

rushking19

Reaction score

ECU tune up? maybe yeah
Filter? that seems my best current bet. but des it have any performance benefits?

I was thinking of some outer mods like stripes, blaced roof etc

What u mean, one it's called Nitrous Oxide, and it's very simple how it works

mckutzy

Reaction score
Not that I'm an expert, if you use nos, you need more fuel to burn. So you will need to have an ECU that will provide more fuel.

The filter and exhaust will be a benefit, as I understand, your country's emission laws aren't exactly strictly enforced. So a major overall benefit would be removing the cat.

So like I said, after that or first actually, ignition components. Plugs and wires ect. They're cheap.

OzFab

Reaction score
Not that I'm an expert, if you use nos, you need more fuel to burn. So you will need to have an ECU that will provide more fuel.

Not exactly; oxygen is a catalyst, which makes the existing fuel burn hotter, the nitrogen is present as a cooling agent so your engine doesn't melt...

exenos

Project Nut
Reaction score
The extra oxygen does not make it burn hotter, it allows for a more complete burn of the existing fuel and allows for the introduction of more fuel.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score

Apparently....the same could be said of here....at least not completely....

NOS does a couple of things....one....it does cool the fuel charge...which in itself will net a bit more HP.... but what it really does is increase the "bang" of the charge....which is why it's easy to tear up stock motors with it....

The simplest way to describe it is it pushes harder on the piston....ergo...more force on all the moving parts....

One of the ways it does that is by providing a more complete burn of the fuel charge....which comes at a price....

So a small dry shot will jump up the torque....but....a large sustained shot will cause a lean condition....which is why NOS cars have retarded timing....and without extra fuel....will be destroyed by pre-ignition in short order....hence the "wet system " which adds extra fuel with the NOS.....

mckutzy

Reaction score
Like I said I'm not an expert in the nitrous field. But like most motors, it needs to breathe in and out well, aswell as the better combustion of the fuel/air charge.

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
yeah right. what i meant was that most of the mechanics here would mistake a NoS cylinder for a CNG cylinder and will be bewildered- WTH is the cylinder so small?

so the final "starting list" is
Ignition components
intake and exhaust system

mckutzy

Reaction score
I'd say ya to start.
I did look to see if there was any performance parts off hand couldn't find much.
Look at similar cars and see if their parts can work(or be modified) for the intake and such.
I'd also recommend upgrading the brakes if you want speed, then there is also tires aswell to help that.

Is this a Diesel engine or gas? I got a bunch of links relating to a diesel varient.

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
ok, heres a quick sketch of what my car shud look like after im done wid it

10881418_706346992805761_1077830590_n.jpg

I can also do other cars if you like this. LISTEN EVERYONE!! MODDED CARS ON DEMAND!!

Status
Not open for further replies.