• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

pimp ma ride....

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Walker

Reaction score
Make the fiberglass molds, out of fiberglass. should last you 100+ mold pulls.. for the plastic bits. thick/reinforced fiberglass molds will last even longer. if you plan on reproducing the parts for others... just remember in the fiberglass customs world. don't steal others work without permission, or a considerable amount of modification, even then. give some credit.

I know a glasser who does a lot of hot-rod custom stuff, and he gets pretty mad when he sees his parts poorly reproduced over seas without any credit to him once so ever. then again... $400 dollars for a hoodscoop is kinda OP.

mckutzy

Reaction score
OP, So what about my previous question, Is it diesel or gas?
With that being said, making the car look fast isnt going to make the car fast.....

So just out of curio, how much you have for a budget on the mods? (If you know equivalent in USD that would help.)

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
Ok. My budget is around 800,000 INR if I can coax him enough.

For now, I'll go for naturallly aspirated Bcoz the respon Bcoz the response on dis thing is outta this world.

mckutzy

Reaction score
The conversion...

On 31 December 2014, 800,000.00 Indian rupee(s) = 12,688.56 U.S. dollar(s), at an exchange rate of 0.01586 (using nominal rate). (As per bank of Canada)

Off hand...
Wow..You must really like your car...
That's alot of money. You could almost buy a new faster car for that, even there where you live.
Well since a chunk of change is present, I'd almost drop it off at a nice tuner shop and tell him a desired HP number and a desired speed like to go at. Let him do the work. He will figure the parts and sourceing.

I'd think the only obstacle will be how patient you are for him to build it.

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
news...... well, its not good

Some bad news

I was visiting a friend when I hear a gigantic crash. A milkman had apparently lost control over his truck and crashed into my car. He crashed so hard that he took out the hood, the radiator and the catalytic converter. The repairs are around 60,000 INR

OzFab

Reaction score
Take the money, sell the wreck then combine funds to buy a better car...

From a panel beaters point of view, if the radiator & catalytic converter are damaged, theres a chance the engine may be as well, not to mention the front end being bent, meaning the car will never drive the same again...

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
Take the money, sell the wreck then combine funds to buy a better car...

From a panel beaters point of view, if the radiator & catalytic converter are damaged, theres a chance the engine may be as well, not to mention the front end being bent, meaning the car will never drive the same again...

Umm, the car is at the service station. It will be back by next week. My dad loves the car more than I do.

Since we are talking bout wrecks, how about I scour for a crashed truck, remove the turbo and plonk it into my car?

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
Box stock corvettes can do much faster, but they neither seat seven nor weigh 2.5 tons, nor they can plow through a farm, desert and knee deep water. Throw some bumper guards in the mix and let's start running over corvettes :bannana:

Plus, the XUV5OO has a price tag of 1,600,000 INR whereas the corvette is well over 10,000,000 INR. Talk about cheap thrills.

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
Ok guys, some update. The car came back repaired and I put the designs on my timeline. It caught the attention of one of my friends who runs a custom shop in the locality. He makes rally cars for local competition and offered to do performance mods for half the price. Here is his ride
received_761558277245567.jpeg

received_761558383912223.jpeg

received_761558563912205.jpeg

received_761558773912184.jpeg

DMCdesign

Master Apprentice
Reaction score
He's ready to do these upgrades
High flow filter
Cat back exhaust
Sports ignition

Any other DIY suggestions that his mechanic can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.