• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Pictures of your gokart track!!!!

Do you prefer dirt or pavement?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCobra

TROLL CRUSHER INC.
Reaction score
I didn't see another thread like this, so I thought it would be cool to see where each of us runs his or her karts at. Even if it is in your yard, show us the turf you tear up LOL. I made my own track or road course on an acre and a half in the woods next to my yard. I run it a couple times a week. I will take pictures of my buddy's new motocross track where I will also run my karts and tractor for a $10 a day fee. Hope to see your local runs , dirt or paved. I will take more pictures of the track since I turfed it up, along with the cart I use and post them next time.. Thanks, Scott V.

Attachments

• The New trail Scott Built 001.jpg
    The New trail Scott Built 001.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 14
  • The New trail Scott Built 002.jpg
    The New trail Scott Built 002.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 8
  • The New trail Scott Built 003.jpg
    The New trail Scott Built 003.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 7
  • The New trail Scott Built 004.jpg
    The New trail Scott Built 004.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 5
  • The New trail Scott Built 008.jpg
    The New trail Scott Built 008.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 4
  • The New trail Scott Built 032.jpg
    The New trail Scott Built 032.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 3
  • The New trail Scott Built 031.jpg
    The New trail Scott Built 031.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 2
  • The New trail Scott Built 038.jpg
    The New trail Scott Built 038.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 8
  • The New trail Scott Built 022.jpg
    The New trail Scott Built 022.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 5
  • The New trail Scott Built 014.jpg
    The New trail Scott Built 014.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 4

KingCobra

TROLL CRUSHER INC.
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, seems I'm the only one that has a place to run my carts LOL!!!!!! Anyway, here are the pictures I just took of my track after a few weeks of running it. It is around a half mile, winding back and forth through the woods next to my house. Also shown, is the little firecracker I run. Scott

Attachments

• Gokart track well used 010.jpg
    Gokart track well used 010.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 4
  • Gokart track well used 006.jpg
    Gokart track well used 006.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Gokart track well used 002.jpg
    Gokart track well used 002.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Gokart track well used 001.jpg
    Gokart track well used 001.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 8
  • New GOKARTS 013.jpg
    New GOKARTS 013.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Gokart track well used 019.jpg
    Gokart track well used 019.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Gokart track well used 018.jpg
    Gokart track well used 018.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 4
  • Gokart track well used 017.jpg
    Gokart track well used 017.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Gokart track well used 016.jpg
    Gokart track well used 016.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Gokart track well used 014.jpg
    Gokart track well used 014.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 5

jr dragster T

Reaction score
This is where I ride. I think you get the picture... I ride on the dirtroad to the right of the picture and the far left road and occasionally down the center paved run also known as the drag strip:bannana: :cheers2: Wow now that I look at it our track has changed ALOT recently. Its paved almost everywhere in the pits.

KingCobra

TROLL CRUSHER INC.
Reaction score
Wow, I thought you were a 'paved' track fan! You know, you can choose both. Your karts looked like road course material. I just like to kick dirt around. :D Scott

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Ohh I go on both. I love the dirt! I do doughnuts on my kart for about a minute straight! Once you get my kart going you can go forever!

KingCobra

TROLL CRUSHER INC.
Reaction score
Road tracks are good. I will be taking my kart on the road to work in a minute :D. Scott

Attachments

• Our 1994 Mazda Miata Convertible! 019.jpg
    Our 1994 Mazda Miata Convertible! 019.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 6

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
This is my go kart track. I race in between the little red utility cart on the left and the boxes on the front and right. I can sit in the kart and pretend I'm anywhere I want to be! :auto:

Attachments

• Track.jpg
    Track.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 47

KingCobra

TROLL CRUSHER INC.
Reaction score
This is my go kart track. I race in between the little red utility cart on the left and the boxes on the front and right. I can sit in the kart and pretend I'm anywhere I want to be! :auto:

Awsome track!!!! Looks a little crowded with obsticles though:D. Nice kart. How do you like those axle bearings?? I have several on the shelf and was thinking about using them. They look heavy duty but the bearings don't look replaceable. Look like industrial machine bearings. Scott

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Pillow block bearings are 100% replacable but realy the casing is only like $6 so most people replace the entire block+bearing. To remove the bearings you turn them sideways in the bore and give it a small tap and they fall out.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
They're good, and yes, like Jr said, they're replaceable but I don't know if it's really worth it. I suppose if you could find the bearing themselves cheap enough it would be.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
if you could find the bearing themselves cheap enough
Buy cheap and you will be replacing them AGAIN and then looking for a high quality solution which would cost more. Do it once do it right!

Ferrari motors15

Reaction score
This is where I ride. I think you get the picture... I ride on the dirtroad to the right of the picture and the far left road and occasionally down the center paved run also known as the drag strip:bannana: :cheers2: Wow now that I look at it our track has changed ALOT recently. Its paved almost everywhere in the pits.

Did your track is in napierville?

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
GoKart tracks, hmm? Do they have to be legal?

This is Adobe St., about 3 blocks North of our house. It's flat and 1/2 mile long, without interruptions. I've hit 58 mph on it- thank gosh no cops around!

The next is Greasewood St. Right by our house. Lots of video shot on this road. It's 1/4 mile long with a cactus patch at one end and a Stop Sign (traffic!) at the other.

For out KartFests, we play on a piece of State Land just South of the Freeway off of Idaho Rd. It's 1/2 x 1/2 mile in area, and unfortunately, most people use it to dump stuff in. It's mostly flat, with a few ditches and dry-washes around. (Any of my vids involving dirt are shot here.) It's a coin-toss as to whether the cops decide to chase us out of there or not. Most of them know we clean up after ourselves. And all of our karts have mufflers so as not to disturb the GolfCourse to the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.