Pedal ?

pearl111

Reaction score
Are these pedals on correctly?
They look like they might be mounted the wrong way.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210821_133406_Film4.jpg
    20210821_133406_Film4.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210821_133427_Film4.jpg
    20210821_133427_Film4.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 18

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
I won't start a ruckus here by saying backwards or not. I'll only say that if you just swap them, left pedal over to the right side of the kart/right pedal to the left, while keeping them facing the way they are that you will be able to keep your feet inside the kart while operating them.
That said, if you also hop them over the frame rails so they're bolted on the inside of the rails instead of on the outside, you'll have them a couple more inches into the kart also.

Karttekk

Reaction score
I agree with madprofessor, the pedals should go on the inside of the frame rails as these are on a Carter I picked up with a wonky roll cage.

Attachments

• Carter3.jpg
    Carter3.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 6

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
They look right and "factory", if a little bent outwards towards the wheels. You can bend them back or buy new, to wit:
https://www.gopowersports.com/vintage-go-kart-pedals/

They should be oriented just as in the photo at the link or below...

So I disagree with the two fellas above and do hereby start and throw gasoline on the "ruckus" ..:stir::sifone:

Last edited:

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
See what I mean, pearl? Ruckus. Anyhow, kudos to Hellion for finding the pedals online, they certainly look the same. That agreement being said, I find it very hard to believe that any factory pedal setup would have your feet splaying out at a crazy angle away from the kart just to get your soles squarely planted on the pedal surfaces, even if you had the brand new ones.
Right or wrong, be a brave adventurer and swap your pedals from the left side over to the right side, and vice versa, don't even unbend them until you do. With the arms thus moved to the inside of the rails, you may find you like it just like that. If you want to unbend them after that, go ahead.
Just don't post any pics of your foot in a cast because it slipped off the pedal outside of the kart and went all spaghetti-whackit on you as it hit the ground at speed.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
To the OP pearl111,

I have similar pedals on a stock Ken-Bar kart and they're oriented the same way as yours and the photo in post #4 and have never been removed or altered.

But photos on the interwebz show Carter Brothers karts with the pedals mounted inboard so I suppose it's your choice, really.
On yours, pearl111, I can see the drilled pedal pads are arched {not flat} so the convex side faces the driver, kinda like old Volkswagen Beetle clutch and brake pedals.

Carter Bros kart with pedals mounted inboard. Photo from this thread: https://www.diygokarts.com/community/threads/another-carter-bros-go-kart-rebuild-model-2506.34938/

Last edited:

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Go karts :auto:
...like those pedals, are "universal" :thumbsup:

I'd try 'em both ways :cheers2:
...& then, stick with, which ever way, is most comfortable "for you" ;)

No "ruckus" required :sifone: