Opposed twin, back from the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriggsTwins

Reaction score
they are nice engines, check your plugs, and do a one cylinder test. if the engine can run on one clyinder for over 1 minute your ok, otherwise there may be a compression issue in the block.

give the carb a scrub and make her purty

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
Does that thing have mufflers? if so hack them off!!!! lol the sound with strait pipes on these things are freaking sweet! yours sounds pretty smooth.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
my 20 hp twin i got on my racing mower that i just got running last week that thing is awsome. the rumble these make with strait pipes is amazing.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
its about the same but its got more of a lower rumble and when you rev the thing up it gets scarry!

IHcubguy

just a member
Reaction score
I have a Briggs 18hp twin and have that same problem with it starting, with a full charge, it does'nt want to turn over without messing with the switch, then it takes off with no problem! I thought the starter was weak and was the problem, 120 bucks later... samething!

BriggsTwins

Reaction score
I have a Briggs 18hp twin and have that same problem with it starting, with a full charge, it does'nt want to turn over without messing with the switch, then it takes off with no problem! I thought the starter was weak and was the problem, 120 bucks later... samething!

Im my case its a weak battery, if i charged it she runs no problem, great engines!!!

solomon

Reaction score
id be pist if i thought it was fine and just a weak battery and it was REALLY a sheared key.....

Status
Not open for further replies.