Nut on angle grinder stuck

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
This has been an entertaining read. I bet he got some of that Saw-Glu stuff on it when he was putting the disk on, thereby sticking it on forever.
I hope you get it fixed. If you destroy it, video it for us so we can enjoy too.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
Not Saw-Glu, thankfully. If it were, I would be reaching out to NASA for a solution. Thankfully the weekend brought me calm surrender and I was able to have a zen moment with the device. During that moment I told the machine it's brief time with me would be limited to the life of the cut-off disk she would not relinquish. "When the disk is done, so are thee." Meanwhile, Dr. Dewalt. Esq. stepped in and together we solved many of the pressing problems of the day. Cheers to Dewalt, old chap!

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
Done exactly that for years. Problem is l usually pick one up when l see a good deal. Spares, ya know....
6 at last count.
You need to stock the big box store dumpsters at the end of the year.. all the cut cord display models go into the dumpster when the new years tools and displays get setup. Can end up with massive hauls

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
...the weekend brought me calm surrender and I was able to have a zen moment with the device. During that moment I told the machine it's brief time with me would be limited to the life of the cut-off disk she would not relinquish. "When the disk is done, so are thee."

You simply gave up? :surrender:

You make me sick! :ack2:
Go back to that angle grinder and make it your ...
b*tch
...:roflol:

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
no time for screwing around with tools that don't work. I can do that when I retire.

Hey, don't they got a blue pill for that?

Good heavens, don't wait around until you're too old! You may not even want to do it at that point...

Kartorbust

Reaction score
This is why you don't zip that locking nut down by blippin the trigger on the grinder. It locks it down by a stupid amount. Trust me I did that a lot by mistake in trade school. But all I had to do was hold down the motor lock button and use the wrench to get it off. If you don't have the strength, do it like you would normally, but try to hold the wrench down and smack the wrench with a hammer to loosen it.