New, ''Old'' Member From Socal

Status
Not open for further replies.

msrfan

Reaction score
Found lots of good info here and decided to join. I sold auto parts for 30 years before getting on with the city as a smell engine mechanic. Got paid plus a retirement for doing my hobby. Life is good. My main hobby is home made toys. I have 2 sheds full of motorized bicycles with 5hp Briggs flathead motors. I also own a nice old school go kart with a predator motor. I've made a 3rd scale IHC Scout for my oldest grandson and a Jeep for one of my others. I collect a lot of things like mechanical ooga horns, whirligigs, tube radios, desert water bags, barber chairs, Whizzers, Maytag engines and collectibles, spark plugs, small engines, wood stoves, old clocks and lots more. I have photos if anyone's interested. I plan to break out the go kart soon and may need some advice on some upgrades.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
:welcome2:
Life certainly DOES sound good! Please elaborate on the 5 pony flatheads....
Sounds like my dreams.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
:thumbsup:
NICE!
Did you have any problems with lubrication? Or did you just put in more oil?

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Sweet! I would call those go karts!
And I must say, sir, very clean builds! :thumbsup:

mckutzy

Reaction score
Hello and welcome...excellent work
Im particularly interested in the top pic, as described in another forum talking about the spark advance and kick start devices for it... that is some very nice work.....

If anything maybe another thread talking about those, and perhaps the spark advance feasibility on a clone type engine...

Overall welcome, hope to hear more about your projects...

msrfan

Reaction score
Hello and welcome...excellent work
Im particularly interested in the top pic, as described in another forum talking about the spark advance and kick start devices for it... that is some very nice work.....

If anything maybe another thread talking about those, and perhaps the spark advance feasibility on a clone type engine...

Overall welcome, hope to hear more about your projects...

Thanks. I have a GX120 Honda I can remove the flywheel and see if a timing advance can be mounted onto it.

There's a couple ways to do a kickstarter. I'll try to explain them in a later post.

Status
Not open for further replies.