new engine for a new build.

jmaack

Reaction score
Found on the Craigslist. Has compression. Bad carb for now.

Attachments

• 20201220_130934.jpg
    20201220_130934.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

ThunderKart79

Reaction score
I have that same unit with the same problem had junk in the gas tank. That engine has a 1” pro shaft and that is one mean PW for its size

jmaack

Reaction score

took off pump. did a quick carb clean. runs only on choke. will go through it completely in a few days.

jmaack

Reaction score
I have that same unit with the same problem had junk in the gas tank. That engine has a 1” pro shaft and that is one mean PW for its size
3/4 shaft on this particular one from 1995. pump is working. Almost tempted to use the pressure washer. maybe a new predator and this pump then flip it. Don't need 2 pressure washers. But 20 bucks couldn't pass it up. Now have 3 flatheads. probably going to sell the 1974 one. Flathead crazed now.

Last edited:

ThunderKart79

Reaction score
If you pull the engine out and don’t have anything planned for the rest of the unit l can always use extra parts for my Pwasher

ThunderKart79

Reaction score
See the internet is not always right where are the tags located on the engine Briggs are kind of knew to me, other than operating on almost every price of lawn and garden I have ever owned

ThunderKart79

Reaction score
I have cleaned my carburetor the best I know how and as soon as I turn the choke off it dies. So instead of telling you what your engine has I will be delighted to learn from you instead.

jmaack

Reaction score
sure. if you need some small thing I won't mind shipping. basically removing exhaust intake all boxes and frame etc.

jmaack

Reaction score
Well I cleaned again today. will crank and run off choke. However it still surges a little bit when I was testing pump. Idk if it's a fuel issue or what. ibgot the screw close to where it was. Might still be some gunk in the carb.

what exactly is an industrial plus engine? same as an industrial commercial? google not hitting on much

jmaack

Reaction score
I cleaned again. horrible surging. needle in no change needle out and sitting in my hand nothing changes. Boiled in lemon juice and dawn then ultrasonic cleaned. Gonna have to get a new one. Wish I knew which passages went where. I have a feeling it's the smaller one in the bottom where the main jet screw in to.

ThunderKart79

Reaction score
When I looked my industrial plus up on safari that’s where i where it has 1 crank I am going to pull my pump off and see what mine is

ThunderKart79

Reaction score
sure. if you need some small thing I won't mind shipping. basically removing exhaust intake all boxes and frame etc.
I would love to buy the pump from you I will pay the shipping and whatever it cost you to get it $20 plus whatever your shipping fee was to get it

ThunderKart79

Reaction score
It definitely seems like it is drawing air from somewhere let me check mine out and confirm that it is a 3/4 shaft. I will let you know within a few days

jmaack

Reaction score
I have come to my wits end with this carb. I cleaned it again, it runs great wide open. Still at idle it is surging constantly. What would be a good carb to throw on it?

ThunderKart79

Reaction score
Wow I can’t believe it has been that many days since I sent that last message but anyhow the PW is on my agenda tomorrow my wife and I use it for work sometimes and if I don’t fix it by Friday I will have to buy a new one or at least if mine is a 3/4 shaft I have a Subaru Robins that used to sit where my 460 is now and dare I say it well that SR is bulletproof

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
If you want a performance carb, Tillotsons are pretty good on Briggs, there are some nice billet manifolds for them from www.eccarburetors.com but if you want a Mikuni or something you'll have to make your own intake.
And FYI Industrial Plus means it's got the steel bore and dual ball bearings and generally some slightly different carb/exhaust equipment. I/Cs are hard to come by, but they're some of the best Briggs out there! Very durable! I'm lucky that mine is practically I/C spec!

jmaack

Reaction score
Wow I can’t believe it has been that many days since I sent that last message but anyhow the PW is on my agenda tomorrow my wife and I use it for work sometimes and if I don’t fix it by Friday I will have to buy a new one or at least if mine is a 3/4 shaft I have a Subaru Robins that used to sit where my 460 is now and dare I say it well that SR is bulletproof
I went ahead and wrote off that pump and tossed it. after running it the small amount I did the oil was pushing out and cloudy through the sight glass. The pump was trash.

jmaack

Reaction score
If you want a performance carb, Tillotsons are pretty good on Briggs, there are some nice billet manifolds for them from www.eccarburetors.com but if you want a Mikuni or something you'll have to make your own intake.
And FYI Industrial Plus means it's got the steel bore and dual ball bearings and generally some slightly different carb/exhaust equipment. I/Cs are hard to come by, but they're some of the best Briggs out there! Very durable! I'm lucky that mine is practically I/C spec!
Hmm I need to open this one up and count the bearings. I have read one and I have read dual bearing. Supposedly mines a nice one since it came with a low oil shutoff. Yeah not wanting a mikuni on it now. Wanting an old look flathead, pulled off a tiller or in mycase pressure washer look. Got any other info on the industrial plus? google pretty much only has a couple auctions with nothing but pictures.