My snowmobile kart project #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dang

Reaction score
dude get the manual for the engine, i would be lost if i didnt have one for my 3 wheeler motor(like a forigen country in the pull starter)

Yea the only problem is i haven't figure out what exactly is this engine and model, and if i can find a manual for it will save me the trouble. I will be able to drive it by now. My pictures arent all that great cause i took on my cellphone but noone has able to identify the engine. This is the only information i know about it, on the engine i saw the name Tillotson Toledo Ohio with a number 1888032 somewhere. The previous owner said its a 340 ski-doo engine but he said he isn't sure. I search the internet didn't find anything about it. So if someone can help me search for the manual would be greatly appreciate. I have put off on this project for awhile and would like to finish it soon.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Geez, Dang. I've been searching pix of motors high and low, and what's funny is that you motor bears a stronger resemblance to mine more that of the others. I have a Sachs SA2-290. They did make an SA2-340 and maybe yours is a later year. Mine is points ignition and it's got a little access cover to the electronics just behind the fan opening. The similarities are uncanny. Kohler made a twin that looks close, also. Or maybe it's a chaparral?

Either way, just looking at the cooling fan area, they look like "twins". (Ba- Duh! Keesh!)

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Hey, Dang!..... Can you post what's written on that metal tag, just to the rear of the cooling fan intake? I'm betting it's a Sachs-Fichel SA2-340. I think they made them up 'til 1975, which might explain why it looks a bit different than mine, which is a '72.

Dang

Reaction score
Hey, Dang!..... Can you post what's written on that metal tag, just to the rear of the cooling fan intake? I'm betting it's a Sachs-Fichel SA2-340. I think they made them up 'til 1975, which might explain why it looks a bit different than mine, which is a '72.

Yes i can do that, but the first time i try looking everywhere for the serial tag didnt find it, all i found was "Tillotson Toledo Ohio" with a number "1888032"it was engrave on it. I will have to take the cover off and stuff this weekend when i have some free time and see if i can find the tag.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Hey Dang-
Here's the picture that you posted that I'm talking about. See the black/silver tag just to the rear of the fan opening?

you should make some kinda duel carb setup on that sach

Good idea!..... If I get this motor to start, run reliably, and put out it's rated HP, I'll consider myself 99% satisfied with it. Since I live in AZ, I'm not really going to push it more than I need to, performance wise.

Dang

Reaction score
Hey Dang-
Here's the picture that you posted that I'm talking about. See the black/silver tag just to the rear of the fan opening?
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=1358&d=1215358246[/IMG[/QUOTE]

so thats the serial number? i took note of it before did a search nothing come up.
Here is the number 1888032
I was thinking goin through all that trouble i might as well invest in a electric starter for it so my question is will any snowmobile starter work for this engine or has to be specific one made for it?

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Here is the number 1888032
... that's all it says on that tag? No other writing?
That motor is from the 70's, only because that's when the that style of carb set-up was being widely used. Later motors go with one slide-carb per cylinder. After that, the liquid-cooled motors start taking over.

Dang

Reaction score
... that's all it says on that tag? No other writing?
That motor is from the 70's, only because that's when the that style of carb set-up was being widely used. Later motors go with one slide-carb per cylinder. After that, the liquid-cooled motors start taking over.

Those were the only number on the tag 1888032 no other writing. If so thats a engine from the 70's thats gonna be tough to find out anything about it.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
yeah but most snomobile up here have a cab per cylinder. i almost never see the 1into2 combo. i like it because you dont have to mess with 2 or 3 of em.

Older sleds used the single carb. Twin or Triple carbs are much better, you make alot more HP with them. Also with the single they have a tendency to lean out the Mag side...

Status
Not open for further replies.