my kx 85 im planning to convert for road use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellethuntr2

Machinist
Reaction score
Robin good ive been looking for you... I PM you but you didn't respond I am verry interested in some of you're potato canon ideas but I couldn't find you on the spudtech forum so any help you could give me on how you got some of the pressures that you got would be very helpful thanks.

robin

Reaction score
if you search maggotman my user name on spud files it should come up with my previous posts

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
make sure you have a lighting coil, acerbis and maier make headlight and tailight kits for some bikes. i think you will need street tires as well, and at least one mirror usually.

robin

Reaction score
i do not have a lighting coil

all i need for the road its

back light
break light
indicators
horn
i will keep the motox tires il just sand the not for road use bit on them i used to run motox tires on my aprila and had no problem there getting it thro mot

robin

Reaction score
ther is not much room under the flywheel for a coil and its easyer for me to run it of batterys

robin

Reaction score
im thinking about runing it off nimihi batteres from a rc car il just put it in the air box plenty of room in ther

=SMITH=

Reaction score
Your tryin to convert that kx 85 to be street legal? its not gonna work becuase i tried it with my racin 4wheeler. there is no DOT number on the frame and the vin numbers on it are gonna show up off road and throw a flag in the system. If your serious about doing then you will need to find a kawasaki street bike or something that is already street legal and weld a plate over your vin number and stamp the new on. and then on the frame weld a plate with your DOT number on it then when you have all your lights and goods on so that you dont get pulled over go down to the DMV and register it just like you would if it was that old bike you bought for the numbers o and the title i dont think i mentioned that earlyer. good luck with the build though

robin

Reaction score
Well I dint post it cause I thought no one was intrested but I got it all donei got a lighting coil got it regerterd all it neded was a dvla test I swaped it fore a dt 125

Status
Not open for further replies.