My kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartmofo

Reaction score
hey ppl,kartmofo here, thought i should put some pics on the site of my kart build.Keep in mind all i had to take the pics was a webcam and a laptop!!!(not the actual engine being used,just there for measuring).

Attachments

• pi c2.jpg
    pi c2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 81
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 79
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 58
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 88
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 180
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 114
  • pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 80
  • pic9.jpg
    pic9.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 67

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
looking good. you'll be ready to go when the snow breaks! it's 80 degrees here in texas today. i have no idea what that is in C.

Kartmofo

Reaction score
got a question i have my sprocket welded on the hub and it has 2 set screws and a keyway but the axle has no keyway. how do i keep the hub from moving on the axle. I don't have a welder either.

mikeandike

Reaction score
you either crank down the set screws or mabe put a little hole in youre axel but i dont really reccomend that... you might want to consider finding a local machine shop to do it for you. im not sure how much it would cost though

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
is it a live axle, or a fixed axle? looked fixed to me.

and it's welded to the wheel hub, or a separate sprocket-only hub?

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i would either weld it to the axle (make sure not to tweak it... that it's perfect straight) or drill out a little divet for the set screws. I probably wouldn't run the set screw idea personally... just seems like they'd break. Welding is your best bet.

Kartmofo

Reaction score
dispite the cold I have installed the new engine and put the chain on. I just drilled pilot holes for the set screws. so where I stand I can drive it tomorow. (got no seat or brakes) but I want to ride it that bad. I'll update pics when I get a camera.

Kartmofo

Reaction score
Drove it, quick as hell,turns like crap because it was on the pavement(roads plowed)I will post pics of the kart.

Kartmofo

Reaction score

Kartmofo

Reaction score
maybe 30 or 40 percent is welded. Rest is nut and bolt. Got the frame in bad shape looks better eh?

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
awesome vid. man i love old school karts. question--how did you hit the gas, steer, and take video?

Status
Not open for further replies.