• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

my gokart with glowing exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Reaction score
ime not prepared to change the main jet and i think its cool lol,
ime not getting any carbon bild up lol:thumbsup:

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Glowing muffler is not a 'cool' thing. Some carbon buildup is normal and I'd be very suspicious if it didn't.
Jet sizes don't change unless purposely modified. Check for restrictions such as clogged air filter.
Sooner or later something will fry. Pistons are made of silicon aluminum and have a melting point. Rings will get stuck before this happens resulting in severe power loss. I suspect this is already happening and not yet noticeable.
Glowing muffler is a very powerful warning.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Yeah I agree a single cylinder engine should NOT make an exaust glow like that. And Russ you said the jets dont change size's. Do you mean naturally change or you cant get diff jets? Cause im pretty sure you can get bigger jets.

Russ2251

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have stated it more clearly. Meant naturally.
I do change/modify/swap out jets on a regular basis. Nowadays carbs are built to meet EPA and CARB emissions standards and just :censored: me up.

robin

Reaction score
the reason it is glowing is because of the fiberglass packing materiel insulating it tried it without it it was very loud but dient glow the inside of the exhaust on my 2hp brigs goes red you cant see it unless you look up the muffler

ineed2fly

Reaction score
Does putting a spark plug in the exhaust really allow you to light the fumes? Or is the exhaust not rich enough?

Russ2251

Reaction score
Does putting a spark plug in the exhaust really allow you to light the fumes? Or is the exhaust not rich enough?
There is a way to do this with a very simple modification. All you need is a drill with correct size bit and a muffler that is willing to be sacrificed for the cause. Be prepared to empty your wallets for this important information.

robin

Reaction score
the exhaust puts out burn air and fuel what would drilling a hole in it or putting a spark plug in it accomplish ?

jr dragster T

Reaction score
I think by what Russ ment about the wallets is he wants us to pay him for him to tell us how to make a flame thrower exaust.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Awww Russ, since when did you go from non-profit to for-profit? I think I will have to take back the Golden Piston Ring award and the "officially awesome" statement back. :nopity: I thought you were cool... :(

I'm trying guys, I'm trying...

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I will gladly donate on Tuesday for a flame thrower exhaust today!

Status
Not open for further replies.