My Drive Stays Engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
would bad springs cause my drive to stay open all the way when i start my kart the drive will open all the way and there goes my kart doing 10mph

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
Yes...
Poor maintenance and/or overloaded.

well i just got this kart and it came with a new clutch but used drive i took it apart and seen the springs where not going straight so ordered some new i just hope this is the problem i cleaned the drive to if you need pics let me know

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
the pully on the jackshaft is the clutch and the drive is what is on the motor that is what i was told

Its the one on my motor which is screwing up and staying open

T-man

Reaction score
hey Jason... I have heard of the parts called that also, but around hear the part that is on the engine is the ( Driver ) the big one on the jack shaft is the ( Drivin ).... oh and that rubber thing that connects the two isn't King Kongs French tickler its called the ( belt ) ..... at least thats what I was told. :)

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
hey Jason... I have heard of the parts called that also, but around hear the part that is on the engine is the ( Driver ) the big one on the jack shaft is the ( Drivin ).... oh and that rubber thing that connects the two isn't King Kongs French tickler its called the ( belt ) ..... at least thats what I was told. :)

yah they got so many dang names for these parts lol i just want mine to work right it sucks

bajagokart

Reaction score
if its staying open its meaning its engaging, so what i would say is wrong is, your rpm engagement on you driver is really really low or your engine doesnt idle down at all! start your kart up on blocks and play with your idling screw until your wheels stop spinning. If you engine ends up stalling out because its not getting enough gas then you know that your driver has too low of an rpm engagement

Jasoninsane123

Insane Person
Reaction score
if its staying open its meaning its engaging, so what i would say is wrong is, your rpm engagement on you driver is really really low or your engine doesnt idle down at all! start your kart up on blocks and play with your idling screw until your wheels stop spinning. If you engine ends up stalling out because its not getting enough gas then you know that your driver has too low of an rpm engagement

i know its the driver

Status
Not open for further replies.