My 2 vintage race Kart chassis elect. conversion winter projects.

KMEFA

Reaction score
What do you want to know about it ?
I' am the one that did all the design / fab & build work ect..

EpsilonZero

...still cheaper than a boat!
Reaction score
Here's some pics with my Buddies 48v Mini that I also built.
It runs real good & pulls hills no problem. ''Plenty of power''.
Ran it around for about 40 min. & still had close to 50v in ea. pack.
Motor, ESC & packs,,, just barely got warm.
Both of those look like really clean and neat builds. What kind of top speeds are you seeing out of them?

KMEFA

Reaction score
Both of those look like really clean and neat builds. What kind of top speeds are you seeing out of them?
Thanks ! :) (y)
The Mini, free rolls around 37,, & the Kart ''when free roll'in'',,, was pulling away pretty good..
Goin up hills, it also did ''a lot ''better than I thought it would,, & could still accelerate also, with no bog.
The Mini couldn't keep up on the hills at all, & that bike only weighs 75 lbs. ect. ,, but is still pretty awesome by itself.
The BM1109 set up, is definitely one hell of a bang for the buck. ;)
Need to GPS it yet.

I

Last edited:

KMEFA

Reaction score
Got the brake light assy. & switch all buttoned up.
Works real slick. :cool:
Just waiting on the clear rechargeable LED head lights yet.
100_6614.JPG

EpsilonZero

Reaction score
Just waiting on the clear rechargeable LED head lights yet.

If you add a buck converter you can wire lights to your existing pack so you don't have to worry about recharging individually.

KMEFA

Reaction score
If you add a buck converter you can wire lights to your existing pack so you don't have to worry about recharging individually.
Those are real easy to R&R,, & plug them into a USB to charge.
They are just held on with an O - ring, & last for hrs. on a charge,, plus weigh nothing.

Clean & simple. ;)omoqxuoomqopxlpqmrtoovqtpqvswstrwwwnHNEr.jpg

EpsilonZero

Reaction score
I have a rechargeable rear light pair for my kid's bike trailer that is super bright and convenient. That type of light makes sense; especially on something that is basically a big toy. But, I still hate charging individually or pushing the button on the light. Plus, I overdo everything so I went with multifunction lights for turn signals, hazards, running lights, brake lights, driving light, and headlight. Lots of fun!

KMEFA

Reaction score
Yea,, it's generally fun designing & making up harnesses ect.
Am pretty anal on it also. lol
I've done a bunch of it over the years,, on converting from 6v to 12 on old street rod conversion projects ect.,,plus custom builds on Harley's & race cars ect. ect.
Very satisfying also, all said & done,, & especially when it all works like you envisioned it would. ;)

Last edited:

KMEFA

Reaction score
Well, how is it running with the 4 packs?
About 50 min. ''hard running'' with my fat *** behind the wheel.
Voltages @ that time are roughly around 48.7.
Full charge is 54.6.
It's definitely pulling more average amps than I figured, & I don't think the packs are actually 14ah ea. , as advertised.
More like 10 ah ea., with calculating things,, & figuring ''average'' amps it's pulling @ around 35....
I'll hook up the watt. meter on it @ some point.
We have some pretty good hills here where we run,, & they are definitely sucking up the juice.
Pulls hills good though,, ''way'' better than I expected.
It runs up a ''long'' 5%+ grade hill @ around 25+ mph, & doesn't bog.
Free roll'n is pretty much what I originally calculated, @ around 37mph+,, with the 6.9 - 1 gearing ect. ect.
It's not a rocket ship, but does pretty well all & all,, plus it's fun as $hit to drive.
Actually go's around corners ''surprisingly'' real good also ,, with those turf saver 2 tires.

I

Last edited:

EpsilonZero

Reaction score
It is a gamble with pre-made packs. You just don't know what is actually inside them and what their performance limits really are. If you're in the market for a meter, I use two like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Mo...r-Gauge-Meter-DC-0-80V-0-350A-AH/184296541653. The coulomb counting is quite good though it can't account for battery self-discharge or a BMS leeching power. Recharging before riding eliminates any such error.

If you go higher on the sampler amperage rating, it will be ready for the bigger motor you put on later.

KMEFA

Reaction score
That's for sure.
Those meters are cool.
My buddy's looking @ packs with LG cells in them ect.
He's going to spend some pretty good coin on them also.
That's basically why I acquired the 4th pack.
I think mine will hang tough though,, as the cells aren't working as hard with 208 of them now.
BMS boards & cells seem pretty consistent in them also,, as all the packs are charging up to within 1/10 of a volt of each other,,,, & discharging down to within 1/10 of a volt of ea. other also.

Last edited: