• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Moving..

Status
Not open for further replies.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Yeah, so I found out today for sure that I'll be starting a job in Virginia on Wednesday (the 22nd). This means I finally have an excuse to move to VA! Job is at a Toyota dealer as a service tech.

Anyway, I bring this up because, in case no one's noticed, I haven't touched a kart in months. Time and money being two factors, but I also haven't had a place to ride. I got family up in Virginia with a 400 acre farm, though, so that fixes the third problem. The job should also fix the second problem. Not sure what I'll do about the time problem, but I think I can set some time aside.

So I'm hoping maybe I'll finally get to doing some kart work! I'd love to do a small arachnid-type build:auto:

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Good luck to you, I hope it works out well. FYI- moving was one method of torture used in the Spanish Inquisition!!!

:roflol: I'm living with family for the first few months so the only thing I'm taking for now is whatever I can cram in my civic. My dad moved up there earlier this summer and I had to help pack and move, so I know exactly what you're talking about.:worried2:

Having to get some new tools for work. First thing I bought was a new IR impact gun. Now I just need a new torque wrench. Need to find that thread about torque wrenches...

Attachments

• 081612160903.jpg
    081612160903.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 4

TorqueRanger

Reaction score
:roflol: I'm living with family for the first few months so the only thing I'm taking for now is whatever I can cram in my civic. My dad moved up there earlier this summer and I had to help pack and move, so I know exactly what you're talking about.:worried2:

Having to get some new tools for work. First thing I bought was a new IR impact gun. Now I just need a new torque wrench. Need to find that thread about torque wrenches...
How much you willing to spend and what size???

brandongeiger2

Reaction score
ive moved form Jersey to Georgia to Virginia to North Carolina and finally to Florida by the age of sixteen... it sucks to move haha But atleast you have a new job to look forward to! Good Luck! Can't wait to see a build...maybe?!

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
I LOVE the IR impact wrenches we've got at work, they're so amazing.

They've made this 231C for 25+ years (the C is for classic) and it's completely rebuildable. They're obviously doing something right.

ive moved form Jersey to Georgia to Virginia to North Carolina and finally to Florida by the age of sixteen... it sucks to move haha But atleast you have a new job to look forward to! Good Luck! Can't wait to see a build...maybe?!

Wow, that's alot of moving.

Hopefully. Depends on if I find money among living expenses, money put in a 401(k), savings for mildly building my truck engine, savings for a house down payment, and savings for a rainy day. Maybe a junkyard build:idea2:

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
They've made this 231C for 25+ years (the C is for classic) and it's completely rebuildable. They're obviously doing something right.

Wow, that's alot of moving.

Hopefully. Depends on if I find money among living expenses, money put in a 401(k), savings for mildly building my truck engine, savings for a house down payment, and savings for a rainy day. Maybe a junkyard build:idea2:

If you can find space and live close to that land your family has consider building a 2nd garage for your project and side jobs. As a mechanic that will be your spending money. You'd think working after you get home is rough, but for some of us staying busy is the only way of life... that and redbull.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
If you can find space and live close to that land your family has consider building a 2nd garage for your project and side jobs. As a mechanic that will be your spending money. You'd think working after you get home is rough, but for some of us staying busy is the only way of life... that and redbull.

My great uncle who owns the farm actually has a nice shop that he lets me and a few others use.

Also has this handy rack

fowler

Reaction score
Ha that's redneck

Dodgy but serves a purpose

A good site for tools is national tool warehouse
They sell precision torque wrenches dirt cheap
Snap on and cat buy from precision and re brand it

Iv got to do a big order from there soon

Good luck with the move

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
It's really sturdy and certainly well built, so it's not like you fear for your life standing under it. The wood is just to walk on.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Ha that's redneck

Dodgy but serves a purpose

A good site for tools is national tool warehouse
They sell precision torque wrenches dirt cheap
Snap on and cat buy from precision and re brand it

Iv got to do a big order from there soon

Good luck with the move

Dang, those are some good prices!

Orange Krate

Reaction score
That's a little closer to W.Va Do you have to give notice at Toyota when you come to work on my film. LOL

Sounds like a good move...400 acres AND redneck awesome...I wanna come too!

Status
Not open for further replies.