• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Moving..

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandongeiger2

Reaction score
That would be so cool maybe enter it in the next Build-Off? I probably won't even be done with mine by the end of this year haha No money but I certainly have time which sucks...

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Will need to be stickshift. I've come to hate auto. Ford Ranger would be a good donor. Use the whole drivetrain and suspension from it. Bet I could find one in decent running shape with a rusted out frame and/or body for next to nothing. Use the frame to build a jig, then ditch the frame and build a tubular frame on the jig. Would need to register it as a trailer and attach a trailer tongue to the front. Hmmmmmm.:stir:

brandongeiger2

Reaction score
haha that would make for a badass buggy and lots of hills in VA to putt around on! Me and my buddy used to go up to Axton and spend days between Lake Sugar Tree Motocross track and a place where an old pro Trials rider lives and ride the trails there's plenty to do up there

jman231994

Reaction score
I have no idea how hard it would be to pick one up over in the US, it wouldnt be easy or cheap here. But an old Mini engine and transaxle would be sick in a kart. Just lock up the steering and use it in the back of a kart. Youd have to relocate the shift linkages though.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Come to think of it, if I did that might as well get it registered and licensed. Might be better suited for when I have my own house.

Got the Civic loaded up, leaving in the morning. Should be in VA by 1530.

Status
Not open for further replies.