mini-kart,bar-stool build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPIDERMANUFACTURING

Reaction score
hi, i've started a new build up. it's a design that i had kicked around for a little while and decided to give it a go. i started with 1.25 dia tubing it's a small wheel base frame that totally adjustable. wheel base, caster , camber, and ride height all adjustable. iam going with the bar-stool configuration. it's all pretty basic. the frame which at this point is now tacked together,is waiting for me to make a choice of power plant. i have two to choose from both honda. one is 5.5 hp the other is closer to 70 hp.tough choice. id like to post some pictures of the build from the begining to the end:D :D

Jblankster

Reaction score
yea, if you have a 70 hp animal or flat head... well idk is it off a freakin jr dragster? if thats the case use the small one, a 70 hp beast wont last you a week without a rebuild... and when you hit the gass youll stay in place but the stool will be down the street.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
:D :D ok i race a junior dragster I have a 3 inch bore alcohol blockzilla (briggs and stratton) with about 40 horsepower i run 8.30's at 76 miles per hour in the 1/8 mile my tires are 8 inches wide and i can smoke the tires in the water box. Thers no way your gona have 70 horse power with out a polar clutch which run around 800$ And an engine that size is well over 4000$ and not to mention the fuel consumtion of the engine considering methanol isnt cheap if its a racing engine!

Last edited:

SPIDERMANUFACTURING

Reaction score
well i thought there might be a little discusion about the motor. it's actually 70 plus. and its not a kart engine or junior drag motor.it's off of a cb750f. i have a post some where on the site,with pictures ,showing the build so far.

Jblankster

Reaction score
you will kill yourself with the 70. im 16 and i wana build a kart thatll do 120 and i even think putting that on a barstool is dangerous.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
hehe,with a 750 4 cyl on a bar stool,120's nothin

ive seen golf carts with 4cyl 600's and they lift the tires and they are about 700lb machines

SPIDERMANUFACTURING

Reaction score
thank you for your intrest. what i think im trying to do is see how far you can go, before it starts to become stupid. i might have found stupid.

thebarstoolman101

Reaction score
heres one basic ting make sure you put something like bike training wheels on the sides because you have to be really careful with that 70 well one i had a 80 in mine and i turned too soon but i landed in the grass but unfortunately the barstool got hit by a car and was destroyed so its your choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.