Mini Chopper Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
I went out took a couple better pics for you.
Cole
 

Attachments

  • 20150111_142021.jpg
    20150111_142021.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150111_142016.jpg
    20150111_142016.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 5

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Im thinking about returning it. I emailed the person I purchased it from with questions about the battery and he said it is a replacement engine. I asked him what battery he recommended and he responded with this
"You can not just install the motor with a battey.
This motor is for a bike and the bike has a 12v battery.

Most of our products are direct from distributor and are intended for jobber purpose, so they do not come with instruction manual wiring diagram . Professional mechanic are recommended for installation. Thank you.
thanks"
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Im thinking about returning it. I emailed the person I purchased it from with questions about the battery and he said it is a replacement engine. I asked him what battery he recommended and he responded with this
"You can not just install the motor with a battey.
This motor is for a bike and the bike has a 12v battery.

Most of our products are direct from distributor and are intended for jobber purpose, so they do not come with instruction manual wiring diagram . Professional mechanic are recommended for installation. Thank you.
thanks"

You would think even a replacement engine would have paperwork on it . That's just crazy. If send it back put a predator on it be a lot better anyway. But as far as a battery for the 49cc engine I posted it as l so back some , it will call for a 4-LB. OR 4LBS either one works for it.
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Would you recommend returning it. And what type of paper work am I missing that most engines come with?
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Would you recommend returning it. And what type of paper work am I missing that most engines come with?

I would think there would be something telling you how the wires go even though it's only 3 wires, and something telling you how to fuel mixture. JMO
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
It says the fuel mixture in the discription its 25:1 or 30:1. Also how would I mount it. The main problem is its not common so I dont know where to get information on it yet.
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
It says the fuel mixture in the discription its 25:1 or 30:1. Also how would I mount it. The main problem is its not common so I dont know where to get information on it yet.

The engine mount is already on your frame , and you should be able to use the bolts already in the engine. And other forums have the info you need or know where to get it from anyway. I've given you what should be enough to get you through with the pics and info. But if your second guessing it or worried about getting it going, send it back take the money and get a predator engine put on it. That's what I would do anyway.
But it's your call if you don't have the means to get it going or know someone close by that does, I can understand changing it to a 4- stroke. You would like the 4- stroke better anyway or I would.
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Would the predator be easier? And this is my first build im a little clueless and am trying to get into automotives.
I appreciate your help.
 

tundrabeagle3

New member
Messages
448
Reaction score
1
Location
Ca
A predator would need a new engine plate welded in the frame but would be much better overall especially for a guy ur size. I am 6"3 and the predator what motor I prefer. And when u get bored of it being stock you can always upgrade it
 

tundrabeagle3

New member
Messages
448
Reaction score
1
Location
Ca
I forgot to say the predator212 comes with a manual. But if you need electric start the 7 HP duromax is what you need. Because their is no way to make a predator 212 electric start I am not sure if the predator performance parts fit the duromax . If not that could be a down side to the duromax.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top