Mini Chopper Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
I think im just going to go with what I have. Where should I purchase the rectifier/regulator and solinoid?
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
62 post on your chopper and we still don't know your location, we could be more helpful if we knew this. But try ebay someone on there should have what you need.
Cole
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Now we are getting somewhere, just go to ebay and type in 49cc mini chopper parts see if it comes up , then maybe you can narrow the search down by putting in 49cc mini chopper electrical parts.
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Just got my engine. Wondering where the fuel hole is. Also dont know what battery to get for it. It only has one wire for the battery which ive never seen. Im not going to hook it up to the bike yet but I just want to see it run. Any help will be great. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 20150106_113525_resized.jpg
    20150106_113525_resized.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150106_113452_resized.jpg
    20150106_113452_resized.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150106_113431_resized.jpg
    20150106_113431_resized.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150106_113357_resized.jpg
    20150106_113357_resized.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 6

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
That one big wire goes from the starter on the side of the engine by the pull rope, it goes from there to the solinoid, and your battery ground will bolt to the frame somewhere or under the rectifier like mine is, and the battery hot wire runs from the solinoid to the positive side of the battery.
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Your fuel line hooks on the bottom of the carb I'm pointing at it in one of the pics below, and the two wires that you show coming from the engine go to the main wiring harness the one by the gas tank in my pic. Hope all this helps and you can also see the solinoid and rectifier in my pics.
Cole
 

Attachments

  • 20150106_151118.jpg
    20150106_151118.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150106_150301.jpg
    20150106_150301.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 9

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Ok thanks. I think im going to buy the parts in post 35 now. You still recommended them right?
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Also how would I test run this prior to attaching it to the chopper?
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Ok thanks. I think im going to buy the parts in post 35 now. You still recommended them right?

Not since you have admitted you live in Maryland! !!!!JK!!.....

Sorry I can't help you out in this case at this time....but....there is a reason we ask for your location.....and we prefer you to fill it out on your profile rather than a post......look up to the right.....would you know...or remember where I was was from from post #1......a few thousand ago?
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Sorry took so long, but If yours is like mine , you will need to secure the engine somehow and get fuel to the carb, and it should start, flip the choke lever up and pull it a couple times should fire up. Once it fire's set the choke down to run position. Make sure you mix the gas and oil correctly should tell you in the book how to mix it. Mine is like 32:1 to 50:1.
Cole
 
Last edited:

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Sorry took so long, but If yours is like mine , you will need to secure the engine somehow and get fuel to the carb, and it should start, flip the choke lever up and pull it a couple times should fire up. Once it fire's set the choke down to run position. Make sure you mix the gas and oil correctly should tell you in the book how to mix it. Mine is like 25:1 IIRC.
Cole

Wow.....25:1???? Seems low....32:1....50:1.....seems more normal to me....but...as long as it runs....the more oil the better! !!!
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Ok sounds good but im talking about electric start and dont know how to hook up the battery to the engine.
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
I think I seen something on the wiring of the same bike you have over on oldminibikes forum. IIRC you might want to go there and check the archives. If I can locate that thread on it I will post it for you.
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
I wasnt able to find it. Also do you know where the throttle cable connects on the engine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top