Mini Chopper Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
What site would you recommend because the scooterparts site mentioned early doesnt have that.
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Also, doesn't this engine have some of the electrical components on it?
 

Attachments

  • chipsyolo.jpg
    chipsyolo.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 3

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
You will need the rectifier and solinoid that everything wires into that mount on the frame under the fake gas tank. For it to have juice to the everything.
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Ok. So what website can I go to to find those parts for my chopper.
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
You will need the rectifier and solinoid that everything wires into that mount on the frame under the fake gas tank. For it to have fire to the engine.
Cole

That engine is self contained. It needs mixed fuel, and a pull of the rope,(or push the starter button)..... There is nothing to wire up to make it run. Its a weed eater engine....... With a gear box......
EDIT
Dude,that engine will be NO fun for your size. You won't be happy. I would suggest at a minimum, a 110cc 3speed engine. A 125cc 4 speed would be better..... ��
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
That engine is self contained. It needs mixed fuel, and a pull of the rope,(or push the starter button)..... There is nothing to wire up to make it run. Its a weed eater engine....... With a gear box......
EDIT
Dude,that engine will be NO fun for your size. You won't be happy. I would suggest at a minimum, a 110cc 3speed engine. A 125cc 4 speed would be better..... ��
My bad I didn't mean to say fire , but he needs them if he wants ever else to work like headlight and to keep his battery charged. JMO

Cole
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Thing is he wants to do this chopper build for like $500 , and he already has $150 in it buying the frame. Honestly if it was me I would do a 4 stroke. If you have a harbor freight near you get one the engines they sell , then you will need a centrifugal clutch, and you will need to swap the sprocket and chain to what matches the pitch on the clutch you get. Will need a new throttle assembly, a engine mounting plate, and flip the rear wheel changing sides so the sprocket and clutch are on the same side or use a jackshaft and leave the rear wheel the way it is. JMO hope I didn't leave anything out.
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
I dont need it to go to fast but I want it to go at least 25mph. I thought it was the perfect engine. I already purchased it. Should I return it or keep it?
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
I dont need it to go to fast but I want it to go at least 25mph. I thought it was the perfect engine. I already purchased it. Should I return it or keep it?

That engine will do 25 plus mph, if that's fast enough for you the use it , you said you were limited on your budget for it anyway, just be sure that you mix the gas right it will be fine for what you want. IMHO
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Ok sounds good. Im just clueless on where to buy the electrical compenants that im missing.
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
510-809-7240 these guys should have what you need.
Call the number and they should be able to help you get what you need for everything to work on your chopper.
Cole
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
Unless that engine has a starter built in, it's not gonna have a way to charge a battery. Usually, on those small engines, the starter is also the generator that makes the voltage to charge a battery.
If your budget is $500, send that engine back and buy a 212 predator and cent clutch. $135-145...... And more than enough power to push you past 35.
For electric start.... Buy the gx/clone electric start kit on ebay. I keep getting a reminder for a guy who sells them for like $125? It's a starter, flywheel, ect.....
EDIT
And if your swift, you can buy dirt bike engines cheap..... The 200cc 5 speed in my kart came out of a dirt bike I got for $30.... Ok, I traded him a 3.5 briggs engine for it.... So $35..... LoL have a 125 dirt bike in my garage that I'm fixing to buy for $75.... It runs too..... I maintain it for the kid owner.....
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
The link you posted says it's a electric start engine. But it won't start by the switch on your handle bar or charge without a rectifier/regulator and a solinoid.
Cole
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Well I read the ebay ad at least they will take it back no questions with in 14 days anyway, if you do decide to send it back and go another route.
Cole
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top