Mini Chopper Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0

Attachments

  • 20141222_214556.jpg
    20141222_214556.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 9

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Would you suggest purchasing the engine in the link a couple comments above or purchasing something different. Also where can I find out which wires to connect to another.

You might find a diagram on Google , if you can't find it let me know the color of your wires and if they match mine or not I can post some pics of mine for you.
Cole
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Oh and as far as the engine in the link you posted I really don't think you will find one any better for the money anyway with electric start , I mean it is a complete engine just needs wired up and some fuel and should fire right up. Or in most cases it should anyway.
Cole
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Engine #1 will take some modification but it will work if it fits in place without major issues. You will have to add a jackshaft and a centrifugal clutch different chain and sprocket. Or flip the rear wheel and change the brakes and things to work without a jackshaft. , and would definitely run better then the 49cc engine JMO. Just wanted to add I have never used either of the engine choices you posted just do know engine#2 is supposed to be a direct fit replacement engine for the chopper. I always have used briggs or predator engines like engine #1 you posted. But
Engine #2 is or should be a direct fit it come with everything carb, clutch and things just will need wired up. But it won't perform like the 6.5 hp engine. I don't know how much you weigh and things but the little engine pulled me I weigh 210lbs.
It will really depend on your funds and know how on this. I'm getting ready to put a 6.5hp on one for a friend of mine.
Hope all this helps.
Cole
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Isnt this being discussed in your other thread already

Yeah I think he has 2 or 3 threads started on his chopper. They probably need to be combined.
Cole

... & now there's one :)

Fra, please keep all relevant posts to the one thread, multiple threads doesn't mean you will receive more attention... not positive attention, anyway...
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Another thing I think I left out , if you go with the engine #1 in the links you posted , you will need to go to a different sprocket also. You will need to go to like a 35 pitch chain and centrifugal clutch with the same pitch gear on it. IMHO because the chain and sprocket combo there is a very big difference between the two in size. From the 4 stroke and the small 2 stroke 49cc engine.
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Can you show me a pic of what the electrical compenants would like like because im not sure what your talking about. Also what would I search to find the wiring diagram.
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Would you suggest purchasing the engine in the link a couple comments above or purchasing something different. Also where can I find out which wires to connect to another.

Go back to post #19 click the bottom pic and enlarge it and you should see the wiring and box on th frame in front of the seat. And try to Google terminator 49cc mini chopper wiring diagram .
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Ok I see what your talking about. I am also missing the holder. Where would i buy both of these. Heres a pictures of my three electrical wires. One comes from right handle bar, ones comes from left handle bar, and ones comes from light.
 

Attachments

  • 20141225_224024.jpg
    20141225_224024.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20141225_224032.jpg
    20141225_224032.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20141225_224037.jpg
    20141225_224037.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Does the bike still have the solinoid and rectifier/relay on the frame you will need them with the same amount of pins as your wiring harness to match up and plug in.
Cole
 

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
im not sure what pieces your talking about can you show me pictures of them?
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
I'm at work now, but you can Google it , for a terminator 49cc mini chopper rectifier and solinoid and you should find the .
Cole
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Yeah they would work the 2 pin is for the solinoid and the 5 pin is for the light switch I can't see the other wire but if is a 4 pin it goes to the rectifier, but you still have a problem everything you have is a male connection you will have to change the wiring harness ends over to a female ends to plug up to the solinoid and rectifier. So you will need new ends to plug them up .
Cole
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
I'm thinking you have part of the wiring harness missing , if those 3 plugs are all that's there I'm sure you do , you need the solinoid and rectifier and lights and ignition wiring plus if I remember you need another piece to the ignition. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a pretty good job if you have never done this. You Need Google a wiring harness and try to find a wiring diagram for it sometime these little bikes can be a bit testing when working on them. You have to have those parts g or it to get fire and run, I'm sure you can probably bypass things and make it work. Google those 2 things see what you can find on it, make what your doing a lot easier. If you put the wires in the wrong places then you will smoke the new parts and be buying more. JMO
Cole
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Hers a pic of under my tank cover. To give you a idea of what's there.
Cole
 

Attachments

  • 20141226_110824.jpg
    20141226_110824.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 6

fra

New member
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
I beleive this is my ignition switch. Also, I found 2 more wires that are both female coming from the ignition switch. The two pin is from the light the five pin is from the right handle bar and the 4 pin is from the left handle bar
 

Attachments

  • 20141226_123003.jpg
    20141226_123003.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20141226_122923.jpg
    20141226_122923.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top