Mini Bike Rebuild

joshw0000

Reaction score
What's up guys? Some of you may remember, I pulled the Predator 212 from this mini bike a while back to use in a Go Kart. Plus I have a new motor (non-vented gas tank so the fill port is moved to the right, easier to fill). This bike needed tires and brake pads so I decided to strip it down and redo it.

Today I changed the tires. If you've ever done it yourself, you know it's a pain. Lubricant (for removing / installing) and brake cleaner (for tire seating) are your friends.

I'm hoping that'll be the hardest part of this project. Later this week, I'm upgrading the brakes to hydraulic. The chain and gearing are all good. It has a clutch, but honestly I don't think I want to covert to a torque converter. It already has/had more torque than I needed. So I'll probably stay with the clutch.

More updated in the near future.

P.S. I think this seat is homemade. I hate it. Anyone have suggestions for something comfortable.

PXL_20230724_004814915.jpg

PXL_20230724_005559607.jpg

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
What's up guys? Some of you may remember, I pulled the Predator 212 from this mini bike a while back to use in a Go Kart. Plus I have a new motor (non-vented gas tank so the fill port is moved to the right, easier to fill). This bike needed tires and brake pads so I decided to strip it down and redo it.

Today I changed the tires. If you've ever done it yourself, you know it's a pain. Lubricant (for removing / installing) and brake cleaner (for tire seating) are your friends.

I'm hoping that'll be the hardest part of this project. Later this week, I'm upgrading the brakes to hydraulic. The chain and gearing are all good. It has a clutch, but honestly I don't think I want to covert to a torque converter. It already has/had more torque than I needed. So I'll probably stay with the clutch.

P.S. I think this seat is homemade. I hate it. Anyone have suggestions for something comfortable.

View attachment 140507

View attachment 140509
Long time, no hear from you.

The karts must be doing good. Keeping the girls happy, i hope.

Glad to hear from you.

joshw0000

Reaction score
Long time, no hear from you.

The karts must be doing good. Keeping the girls happy, i hope.

Glad to hear from you.

Hey pal, how have you been?

One of them is doing well. The Yerf Dog is back down for repairs. I put over an hour and a half in hardcore testing on my welds but my oldest managed to bust them. I'm going to find some tabs for when I finally fix it (again) to reinforce that pivot point.

I haven't don't anything with the original Chinese cart. When I weld the Yerf, I'll brace it up better, install the motor and sell it. Of the other 2 carts, I bought, I did get the one wheel spinner running and sold it. The other one is still untouched. Between work, travel ball, and this heat, I haven't done much at all in terms of projects.

pearl111

Reaction score

View attachment 140507

View attachment 140509

View attachment 140507

View attachment 140509
GoPower Sports has a seat/seats that I'm pretty sure will fit that bike.
I have gotten a couple of seats for mini bikes that looks like what you have.
And they worked really well.

rwd4evr

Reaction score
Get a nice firm piece of foam. Cut to shape and fit to the base board. If you can't sew, make the seat shape pattern from vinyl /leather/whatever your choice is with an extra 1/2" around for the seam that gets sewn inside out. Take it to a shoe/luggage repair place to get sewn.

joshw0000

Reaction score
Anyone know what model mini bike I have? The brake kit I have won't fit. I tried to modify it but that's a no go (the return period had already expired anyway). I'm just going to order a kit specific for my bike.

joshw0000

Reaction score
New brakes installed and adjusted (w/ 14 total washers) and the new seat is on. On to the motor.

P.s. replacement brakes are on order. The handle bracket broke. I'll take the bracket from the new one and ship it back with the broke one.

Attachments

• PXL_20230803_231903611.jpg
    PXL_20230803_231903611.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20230803_234206695.jpg
    PXL_20230803_234206695.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230802_164843632.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230802_164843632.MP.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 4

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
New brakes installed and adjusted (w/ 14 total washers) and the new seat is on. On to the motor.

P.s. replacement brakes are on order. The handle bracket broke. I'll take the bracket from the new one and ship it back with the broke one.
Seat looks nice, 👌 .

You gonna do a stock engine or get into it a lil bit????

joshw0000

Reaction score
Seat looks nice, 👌 .

You gonna do a stock engine or get into it a lil bit????

I'll probably keep it stock. I haven't been able to get this thing full throttle in my yard yet, mainly because it had no breaks and doesn't turn well. I may eventually move the governor spring but I don't think I need much more out of this thing just yet.

joshw0000

Reaction score
This engine will crank pretty easy but won't rev up when I give it throttle. I'm pretty sure my connections are right and the throttle is moving full motion when I twist the throttle. Moving the throttle by hand doesn't rev it either. It's as if I'm not throttling it at all.

It will rev if I push on the governor but not with the throttle. 🤷‍♂️

This was a new motor that I got in a go kart combo deal a while back. I don't know how long it had sat but it was bagged and in the box. A few months ago I stole the carb for another kart and taped the carb & valve holes to prevent dust/bugs/etc.

Today, I put a new carb on when I installed it. When I fueled it, it leaked from the fuel hose connecting to the carb. No amount of adjusting would stop it so I pulled the gas line and replaced it with one that came with the carb. It was a mess considering it had fuel in the tank.

I've checked the carb, throttle connections, removed the tank again, etc. I can't find anything wrong with it but it won't throttle up. The clutch/chain are currently removed so the shaft is free spinning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804-022513.png
    Screenshot_20230804-022513.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

rwd4evr

Reaction score
Don't mind the mess. This is what happens when I throttle...nothing.

Take the air cleaner/covers off. Something is obviously not connected. I'm not super familiar with those motors but it's all linkages. One is missing or not attached. There's a spring that should be hooked from the throttle to the governor in some way.

joshw0000

Reaction score
Take the air cleaner/covers off. Something is obviously not connected. I'm not super familiar with those motors but it's all linkages. One is missing or not attached. There's a spring that should be hooked from the throttle to the governor in some way.

Here's another video I took last night with the air box off. The link and spring for the governor are both attached. I also pulled the tank (again) and confirmed that the governor is attached underneath.