mini bike re re build. 5 hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score

the stock honda airfilter and box didnt fit so i ran that tube comin of there and am goin to curl it under the seat with a filter on the end.
the original had a box surrounding it so im not worried about getting adequate air intake with the new set-up.

I've been trying to get a 160cc Victa for a while now. Almost impossible to come by here in USA.
ive got two sittin in my shed right now haha. come over and get em' if you like.

Oh and yes everyone. the TV has been lying to you, we drink VB and cook kangaroo steaks of the barbie lol.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Are you using a vacuum hose as your intake?

You're not playing with matches are you Mr. Kibble?

I try not to do both at the same time. They two time's it's happened simultaneously have been disastrous.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
ahh the hose is actually of an old mower ?

im confused :huh:

im yet to put the air filter on the end of the hose
somehow..

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
i turned and milled my sleeve yesterday.. im glad i know someone with a lathe+mill, he told me it would of cost some $300 at a shop!! all i have to do now is drill my engine mount holes, rig up the brake, set up the air filter and make a new exhaust. and ill be done!! :D

Attachments

• sleeve 1.JPG
    sleeve 1.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 19
  • sleeve 2.JPG
    sleeve 2.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 15

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
i turned and milled my sleeve yesterday.. im glad i know someone with a lathe+mill, he told me it would of cost some $300 at a shop!!

I went to a shop to ask how much it would be to get a keyway cut out in each of my two cv joints. They told me it would be about $200, I was like :ack2: :eek: nevermind! So I had to find another way to attach 'em. I'm saving up to get myself a decent mill. Hopefully within the next few months.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
slowly but surely, im getting there.
now ive just gotta drill my engine holes, brake and make chain guard

lol i bet everyone is gettin real tired of me sayin ive gotta drill my enigne mouth holes

Attachments

• mini bike 6 diy.JPG
    mini bike 6 diy.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 26
  • mini bike 7 diy.JPG
    mini bike 7 diy.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 21

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Yeah, get to it already! LOL, JK.

Are you gonna make the holes slotted so that you can move the engine back and forth to tention the chain?

bigbuddy29

Reaction score
bike looks good. my boss was cleaning the old shop and pitching out a metal lathe, i ask if i could have it sure get out of here. talking about being in the right spot at the right time.it still works.:sifone: :drool5:

Pa and Corby

3203 yerf dog & Appco
Reaction score
60's cart

I like the ape hanger handlebars and the fussy seat, it looks like a 60's type mini bike, I bet it will scream with the Honda, ya might wanna check into extended forks for the true chopper look!:thumbsup:

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
yeah thats what i wanna do!! full chopper look. and yeah, its actually a 70's mini bike.

Mr kibble, yes i am goin to make slots. i would drill two holes and cut out the centre with a metal bit on the jigsaw, but i dont have that much room to work with, so im just gunna drill it as close to tight and then i can just file is a little either side, thats all the ajustment i need.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
I havnt made any progress latley :(
i've been to busy with assignments and work

buts its a long weekend this week so i might be riding it by saturday!! :D

i was having trouble with my brake, it was wobling and moving when u ride it... so i have to turn up a new spacer.. to hold the brake in place to stop it form moving. The problem was that the spacer inbetween the frame/brake was too small and larger diametre hole on the brake was moving around the smaller spacer. if that makes and sense at all ? lol

Ohh, i have made some progress.. i took the front wheel of my push bike. i think it looks quiet good. lol

Attachments

• mini bike chopper 1.JPG
    mini bike chopper 1.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 33

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Haha! Consider upgrading in the future :p

Like said, "if it isn't scary, it needs more power".

Heck, I'm afraid to start my modified engine now :(

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
i just mounted me engine! wooo very happy :D
its running like a bit of a pig though :(
and i couldnt ride it becuase the exhuast is pointing dirrectly towards your leg... my leg would be cooked by the time i got to the end of the street so you just cant ride it :censored:

Attachments

• mini bike almost finished.JPG
    mini bike almost finished.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 17
  • mini bike almost finished 11.JPG
    mini bike almost finished 11.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 19

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
and i couldnt ride it becuase the exhuast is pointing dirrectly towards your leg... my leg would be cooked by the time i got to the end of the street so you just cant ride it :censored:

Just think, the machine you desire to ride is.... dun, dun, dun! Unridable! (untouchable) People from all over the world would wish to ride it. There's only one problem; the exhaust would point at your leg so it's.......UNRIDABLE! Muah ha ha ha ha ha ha! :arf: :arf: :arf:

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Either way, you'll need to somehow re-route the exhaust.

Another problem is the wheel and how it will throw mud at the intake.

Which is why I recommended something else :p

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
i went to the motorcycle wreckers today and bought a muffler. i think it was of a pee wee 50 lol. but in the mean time i stole the exhaust of my go kart!! :D:D wooo
rode it for the first time with the new engine :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
man, has it got grunt! it'll lift the front wheel if you lean back to far :arf:
and i wasnt sure if they brake would work the first time so that was interesting, luckily it worked :D
i just needa bend up a length of pipe and wled it to the exhuast.
can you bend pipe with an oxy torch?? or will it all bend and warp, do you need a pipe bennder.. ive never done it before :confused:

Attachments

• muffler 4.JPG
    muffler 4.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.