Measuring deck height

atlantazombie

Reaction score
I know it’s been a while, but I do have a small update. Kart hit 5900 rpm at 6k and it still had some left to go.

I don’t have that long of a straight so I’m afraid to gun it all the way😂😂

attached image of spark plug. Still lean on the idle jet, plug looking slightly toasted. I’m gonna try going up a size. It’s only got about 45 mins of runtime on it tho. Hard runtime.

Ima check valve lash later, something just ain’t sitting right with me. I’ve convinced myself that the bottom being slightly curved is “rolling” the valve train as it heats up and causes my issue.

Idk how to straighten it out, because sanding it is what got me there in the first place.

Temp was at 180 C (360* F) but I’m sure it can get hotter. I did shut it off and had idling time, and this cold weather is probably whisking that heat away.

I’ve got a new project on my hands, it’s a research project I’m doing with a group to make a converted “turd” motor into a hydrogen injected (green) beast.

😂😂 I know y’all aren’t too focused on the renewables and green energy thing but I just might make a post and keep y’all updated if interested 👍

Attachments

• IMG_4991.jpeg
    IMG_4991.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I know it’s been a while, but I do have a small update. Kart hit 5900 rpm at 6k and it still had some left to go.

attached image of spark plug. Still lean on the idle jet, plug looking slightly toasted. I’m gonna try going up a size. It’s only got about 45 mins of runtime on it tho. Hard runtime.

Ima check valve lash later, something just ain’t sitting right with me. I’ve convinced myself that the bottom being slightly curved is “rolling” the valve train as it heats up and causes my issue.

Idk how to straighten it out, because sanding it is what got me there in the first place.

Temp was at 180 C (360* F) but I’m sure it can get hotter. I did shut it off and had idling time, and this cold weather is probably whisking that heat away.

I’ve got a new project on my hands, it’s a research project I’m doing with a group to make a converted “turd” motor into a hydrogen injected (green) beast.

😂😂 I know y’all aren’t too focused on the renewables and green energy thing but I just might make a post and keep y’all updated if interested 👍
I’d follow along on that one!

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score

Good to hear from you.

I figured you was busy with school and up coming holidays.

From the plug, you need more low speed jet and high speed jet.
More fuel will cool the cylinder head temp, and you will start feeling it pulling harder down low.

Open the low speed another .002", test again, read plug again. Remember to adjust low speed mix screw and idle speed, they will get picky when playing with the low speed jet.

You will see that extra .002" on the plug.

You are safe with the high speed jet for now, dial in the low speed then start upping the high speed jet.

I jus cleaned and measured a stock ruixing carb today.
It measured at biggest .606", from what i could get.

Installed a .022" low speed jet, gx140 e-tube, and .031" high speed jet.

I put it on the Ducar 224 for testin, it's a bad lil "stock turd motor carb". I'm still tuning and reading the plug, should have it dialed in tomorrow.

I'll put a vid up for you. So you can see how that bigger low speed jet will make karts jump up off the line, and throttle response is instant with a lil stall in the driver.

I'm not sceared of 360*F,.... I run these "turd motors" hotter, but I test and tune more then most, and let the plug tell me whats right or wrong.

Jus keep it under 400*F, and get more color on that plug.

I'm interested in you next project, I like green energy.

Last edited: