Margay id help , have the serial number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piddler

Reaction score
As the title says , i have the id from my margay rt spindle hanger , it is B8874. I have looked for the link on margays site and it says the form is unavailable at this time. Not sure if it's a technical thing or if they are taking a break , as I'm sure they receive a lot of Id requests. Does anyone have any idea what this serial number may mean?

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
you can still call them ;)

But frankly.. if you browse through their vintage ads,
I'm fairly certain you can id your kart yourself pretty easily.

Or post some pictures and let us have a look

the only thing I think is fair to say based on that number is, it's a 1982 or later kart
but older than 1997 (not too much of information is it?)
[maybe A 1988 Brava1 is a fair assumption?!]

'sid

Piddler

Reaction score
I hear it's a bandito due to the gusset on the engine rails and seat mount but some knob welded on some cobbled up mess of nerf bars. May try to call them on my lunch break today! I'm guessing a photobucket account would help with pics for this forum?

bthompson224

Reaction score
I hear it's a bandito due to the gusset on the engine rails and seat mount but some knob welded on some cobbled up mess of nerf bars. May try to call them on my lunch break today! I'm guessing a photobucket account would help with pics for this forum?

Go to Advanced and look for the paperclip. Looks like a standard Windows toolbar.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Turned out well, although sideways...
Ah well, it's not the end of the world.
Try to upload them as "Thumbnails".

Piddler

Reaction score
Well... that was my plan all along , whoever "welded" that mess onto it shouldn't be! It does look awful

Status
Not open for further replies.