Mango Dingo Build (continuation) 2021

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
Anyone know the axle size for a Manco Baja 200 kart? Trying to get my parts list together once again and maybe finish my project this year.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Eeeeyyy it's Mr. Spindle! Is it a Dingo or a Baja? You say it's a Dingo in the title but a Baja in the post?? :huh:
Do you have the old axle on hand? Because you could just measure that. But I'm guessing you don't have it.

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
Eeeeyyy it's Mr. Spindle! Is it a Dingo or a Baja? You say it's a Dingo in the title but a Baja in the post?? :huh:
Do you have the old axle on hand? Because you could just measure that. But I'm guessing you don't have it.
It is a Baja 200, but the Dingo is very similar and I have always referred to it as so. Yes, I do have the axle, I have attached a picture below. As you can see, the previous owner has welded the drum to the axle and made it very difficult to measure. I’m not sure if 38 1/2” sounds quite right.CD87BBD4-280C-43CD-9700-6ECF6A840B85.jpeg

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
IIRC most yard kart axles are 1" x 38" long so look for a 38" long one! :thumbsup:
Glad to have ya back Spindle, you were like the original "kid" on the forum. Since then there's been a bunch more including me, Budget Gokart, and Karts of kaos.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
17<18 kid.
I am 6 foot 3 inches and still cant drive legally. everyone always says I look older than 14 but I am not.

Last edited:

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
The kart needs a new sprocket hub and sprocket. What do I need to know in order to make sure that the sprocket hub I order fits the sprocket?

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Measure the bolt hole pattern. Measure the distance between two opposite bolt holes, that's the bolt hole pattern. Most light grade yard kart stuff is 2 13/16" or so.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
No way any common sprocket is worth $35, much less if it needs a hub, much less if it's a solid slab.
FYI: That bolt pattern looks like it would fit what's called a mini-hub. I recommend against a mini-hub because it's too small to be using standard split sprockets.
I'm currently running a nice PPH-1 hub with a compression split besides just the keyway (spins dead true) from ebay that was $20, and a 60-tooth #35 split sprocket that can be had just about anywhere for $15 or less. If more low end is needed once the kart's properly tested out, just another $15 will get me a 72-tooth.
The real value to me isn't in those dollar figures at all though. It's in the fact that 6 hub bolts in about 5 minutes will get that 60 swapped for the 72 without sliding any wheels, bearings, sprockets, discs, etc. off the end of the axle, and putting it all back on.
A full size hub is needed for the split sprockets, mini-hubs won't do it.

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
ah yes, the price tag. I was referring to that sprocket because it looked like my original one. I'll stop by the shop to see if they have the right sprocket/hub

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
after four years of blood, sweat, and tears, i sucked it up and bought 400 dollars worth of parts for this kart. the final package is coming in the mail today and i wanted to share some pictures in the case that anyone wanted to have an opinion on something before i bust out the welder.
as seen below; the torque converter could potentially make a problem for mounting the disc brakes. also, the jackshaft might be bent, i will look into that more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
Have a pic of the whole kart? Can't wrap my head around how the drive train is set up, what does what goes where goes how.
not a problem, here’s how it looks, done a few things since i got my delivery from gps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Wow. Never seen sprockets quite that close. Do the 10-tooth jackshaft sprocket and the axle sprocket touch teeth together?
Guessing that eliminates having enough adjustment to use a larger axle sprocket for quicker holeshot.
About that TC/brake disc thing.........Great spot to make a caliper bracket out of the way on top of that corner rail.
If not, the right side of the axle has all the space in the world. Just need a pivot rod to cross over.
You going to flip that jackshaft flange bearing 180 so you can grease the zerk fitting?

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
Wow. Never seen sprockets quite that close. Do the 10-tooth jackshaft sprocket and the axle sprocket touch teeth together?
Guessing that eliminates having enough adjustment to use a larger axle sprocket for quicker holeshot.
About that TC/brake disc thing.........Great spot to make a caliper bracket out of the way on top of that corner rail.
If not, the right side of the axle has all the space in the world. Just need a pivot rod to cross over.
You going to flip that jackshaft flange bearing 180 so you can grease the zerk fitting?
I geared the kart down to 8T jackshaft 54T axle, just had to cut the engine mounting plate off and move it forward a bit. Having my gear ratio like that makes the kart do wheelies easily. I like how this ratio feels compared to my 9T 48T gearing. The jackshaft flange is fine how it is IMO.