Manco Dingo Refurb Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

t1704

Reaction score
Progress updates

Made a bit more progress. We're getting close to the finish line.

Attachments

• Engine Mounted 1.jpg
    Engine Mounted 1.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 22
  • Engine Mounted 2.jpg
    Engine Mounted 2.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Engine Mounted 3.jpg
    Engine Mounted 3.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 26

t1704

Reaction score
Help needed and updates

Hello all, I could use some help. I'm putting the new clutches back on and I'm concerned with some spacing issues. How much additional drive shaft should you have to mount the clover hub (and outer sheave assembly) once the inner sheave of the driver clutch is on?

I put the two spacers on against the motor, then mounted the inner sheave and have about 5/16 left, which I cannot fathom is enough shaft for the clover and outer sheave. Manual calls for 2 x .250 spacers on the inside, and the original ones that I put back on measure 3/8, which is obviously incorrect. However, assuming I correct them, it still doesn't give me much more to work with.

Obviously I can reduce the spacers a bit on the drive shaft, then reduce comparably on the jackshaft, then have to move the sprocket on the axle, but I don't have too much space before I have clearance issues against the motor.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Driver.jpg
    Driver.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Driven spacing.jpg
    Driven spacing.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 44

t1704

Reaction score
I would start here

Yep, I completely understand that I need to reduce spacers and shift to the right and appreciate your response. I think the most I can gain before running into motor mount restrictions is about 1/4 inch.

Assuming I do this, It will give me approximately 1/2 inch of residual drive shaft to mount the outer sheave of the driver unit and clover hub to and my ultimate question is whether this is confidently enough to feel good about?

Or, is there not enough stress under this part to begin with and is it a non issue? It’s clear that the prior owner did what was necessary to sell this kart and no more.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tpdingo

Reaction score
I run my TAV with a quarter of an inch with no problem smoking the crap out of the tires.

You really don't need much to get it to work. As long as a bit of the key is firmly engaged, no issues.

The first pic you uploaded, that amount of shaft is fine.

t1704

Reaction score
Done!

Although we still want to add some lights and tweak a few cosmetic things, I'm going to call this thing done. Thank's to all of you for helping me out along the way - I learned a tremendous amount and so did my son.

This kart is much safer and more reliable now, plust it looks much better. Additionally, we gained 11MPH from the original - I'll send a link to a video we took later today.

Travis

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 18

t1704

Reaction score
Updating thread with the lights and 4 pt. harness my son got for Christmas. And then of course he had wanted to see how much mud he could pack on it.

Attachments

• lights and belt.jpg
    lights and belt.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Mud.jpg
    Mud.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.