• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Man I wish I had some fuel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smerft85

Reaction score
20200207_101758.jpg

This looks like soooooo much fun! If only I had fuel in any of the karts, or the money to do so. Wife is home with the kids today, really have nothing to do, but can't play.

Wasn't sure where else to post, but thought I'd show you guys a bit of Colorado.

jmaack

Reaction score
At least you get something to look at.

Here it is just cold and nothing to do.

Smerft85

Reaction score
how about the Off Topic Forum?

•MOVED•

'sid

Thanks sid!

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Can't dig a few handfuls of change out of the couch? A gallon of gas could give a few karts some fun time.

That's how I got fuel last time around. Everything is on a card anymore.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

At least you get something to look at.

Here it is just cold and nothing to do.

I'm a native to the state, been looking at the same environment two days short of 35 years now. Always better when a fella can get out and play in it. I'll probably end up making a snowman or two with the kids, free entertainment.

jmaack

Reaction score
I'm a native to the state, been looking at the same environment two days short of 35 years now. Always better when a fella can get out and play in it. I'll probably end up making a snowman or two with the kids, free entertainment.

Same 36 years in alabama. Same weather except our big blizzard back in 93. haha

Smerft85

Reaction score
20200207_112559.jpg

Almost forgot this option, that engine had over half a tank so when it's all done dripping I'm gonna go play a bit. That's another gx160 that has the wrong shaft for clutches so it'll sit for a while anyway.if I wreck one good I'll post pics, but now I have another issue, the 6.5hp dingo that I've already ran in snow, or the home made rat rod that I havent? Choices, choices.....

Smerft85

Reaction score
Lol, not quite that desperate. I ran the ratrod/scraprod, even on snowpack with little traction it's still plenty fast and fun, I was sideways almost a solid block just cruising along. It was fun till I was soaked and very cold, glad I have cool neighbors, most of them ear to ear grins.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
I have cool neibors too they smile when we drive our karts around the kids bug us to drive them though. I dont let em because my kart might kill someone lol

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I have cool neibors too they smile when we drive our karts around the kids bug us to drive them though. I dont let em because my kart might kill someone lol

^^Basically same here. I haven't met any adult around here yet that hasn't gone "Cool!" or something similar when I drive my go kart.
But when the kids beg me to let them drive the kart, I don't budge. It's already sketchy enough, and the HiPo is an animal! :eek:

Smerft85

Reaction score
Agreed with both of you guys, mine lags a touch at first, but hits a powerband or the cc catches up, something but it takes off like a rocket and gets very difficult to control, I haven't let anyone on that one period.

Smerft85

Reaction score
IMO :rolleyes:
...build yourself an electric kart :thumbsup:

No more "wishin' I had some fuel" :furious2:

Just un-plug 'er :cool:
...& go play :2guns:

I am unbelievably terrible with electronics, couldn't even keep the kids power wheels alive beyond about 90 days. But I've been working on a gas engine of some sort, the first being a purple 68 fix 3/4 ton camper special my grandfather had, since I was a toddler. He thought me how to do an oil change by the time I was 4.

I thought about giving electric a try, but I have a strong feeling it would be a lot of money I don't have, wasted. With my daughters birthday a week ago, mine tomorrow, and my wife's on Monday money is a bit tight right now, doesn't help I'm a stay home dad. And yes you read that right, I'm 36 hours older than my wife!

anickode

Reaction score
I know the feeling, except for me it's time and energy. Winter is my busy season, working 60+ hours a week, and home with the kids when I'm not. Doesn't leave much time for tinkering and playing. I haven't had the heat going in the shop in over 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.