Looking for a good go kart engine at a reasonable price (About 200€)

Kdeagl202

Reaction score
Hi! I am currently looking forward to making a kart with a friend during summer break so we could have some fun.We saved up money for a long time so I was thinking we could blow a lot of that on the engine.So the big question now is what engines should we get? We would like to have manual transmission if possible and ive looked into bike engines but couldnt find a bike under 1000€ with a working engine.Also the power im looking for is about 500cc because I am pretty heavy (78kg) and I want a bit of speed.

Kdeagl202

Reaction score
Also I read somewhere that a gokart with more than 20hp might be unenjoyable is that true?

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Where in the world are you located? That will play a big part in where to get parts. We are mostly a group in USA with European and Australian friends and one guy in China. With a few visitors from North Africa.

Kdeagl202

Reaction score
Where in the world are you located? That will play a big part in where to get parts. We are mostly a group in USA with European and Australian friends and one guy in China. With a few visitors from North Africa.
In Romania

Kdeagl202

Reaction score
I don’t know of anyone who might know in Romania. But you’re welcome to hang out with us and maybe learn a thing or two. Or just joke with us! :lolgoku:
Thanks for the warm welcome😃 Ill surely stick around and also post my progress. But just for more info I can probably get most parts that you name so just name an ok first engine.

Rat

Reaction score
I have to suggest a semiautomatic (auto clutch/manual shift) or full manual Lifan 200cc