birddog1148
New member
Bit by that Danged Ol' Racin' Bug AGAIN!!
$800 race ready with some spare parts.
Hey cool kart manWhat brand is it?
Is your seat way to narrow or just an inch or 2 in the hip area?
I stretched the sides of my G-man Superseat a couple inches wider by thoroughly heating one side at a time with a large hair dryer, then I slowly applied pressure with a hydraulic jack with wood wedged in-between the seat sides.
Then I simply left the jack in place until completely cool and did the same on the other side. It didn't seem to damage my seat at all, I weigh 235 and I'm on my second season racing that seat now...
Cool, that's probably an Offset chassis made for (left turn only) oval racing. I assume that street race will have both right and left turns...
Offset/Oval chassis turn left way better that 'straight-rail' (Sprint-kart) chassis that are made for R/L-turn road racing.
But the problem you might run into is an Oval chassis usually wont turn right nearly as well as a Sprintkart.
This link shows several dirt oval tracks in Ohio if your interested: http://www.kartfinder.com/track pages/dirt-kart-tracks.html
Nice, but I still think you should go race it at an oval track in the clone class.
Those 2-strokes are gonna leave you in the dust in that street race...