keyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buick455

got any pictures of it?
Reaction score
You looking for the key stock itself? like 1/4 inch square?

I don't know if you have a northern tool near you, but they sell 1/4" key stock. At least they did last time I needed some :roflol:

timmytim

Reaction score
You looking for the key stock itself? like 1/4 inch square?

I don't know if you have a northern tool near you, but they sell 1/4" key stock. At least they did last time I needed some :roflol:
yea thats what i need..i went to northern tool and couldnt find them but i figured they had them:ack2:

jr dragster T

Reaction score
I can get key even at Home Depot or other home building stores. However the Make-A-Key is much better and is mostly found at bearing shops.

Buick455

got any pictures of it?
Reaction score
I doubt your store looks like mine but they were in 4' tall drawer racks, in like the center of the store behind the welder row :cheers2:

And like tyler said H-Depot has them too, same drawers to boot :roflol:

Running around looking beats waiting for shipping for something soooo small. I don't think I paid more then 4$ for like 12" stick. Heck I still have 7" left.

Raywelder

Not an Adm¡nistrator
Reaction score
Homedepot and Tractor supply have key stock, but I've used it, it sucks, It never fits good. SO I would suggest getting it else where.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
You should always file a key when you get it with the zinc coating on it. The last thing you want to do is hammer that key in with a hammer. Trust me I've BTDT and it jams up so hard it practically welds the wheel hub or clutch to the shaft. File it down so there is a bit of play in it. Most people think keys are supposed to be realy tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.