Keyed shaft and hubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliano_R

Reaction score
I have these hubs on this keyed shaft that im trying to remove. I bough the go kart/buggy so I didn't install them. I'm using wd-40 and letting it sit but I don't feel good hammering the crap out of my hubs. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 4

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Maybe it's just the pic, but it looks bent to me. Instead of WD-40, try PB Blaster. Try applying every day for about a week, then try again. If all else fails, try heating the hub with a torch.

Juliano_R

Reaction score
Maybe it's just the pic, but it looks bent to me. Instead of WD-40, try PB Blaster. Try applying every day for about a week, then try again. If all else fails, try heating the hub with a torch.

I need them off for tomorrow :c, im buying some new rims and tires and i want to make sure they fit. Is the 4 hole lug pattern a standard ?

mckutzy

Reaction score
Heat... need heat... a propane torch will do if it is there long enough.. but a acetylene torch is what you really need..
Keep the torch moving should tap off with out too much trouble...

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
PB Blaster can help almost instantaneously, it depends on how bad it is.
Harbor Freight sells a propane torch attachment, and they'll hook up to a standard propane cartridge. Might try that.

The 4 hole lug pattern is a pretty standard utility setup, race karts use a 3 lug. Measure the distance from center to center between two opposite lug studs. Usually it's 2 13/16", although some big ones are 4".

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Looks like someone already tried to beat on them... maybe try a puller of some sort but heat it good.

Juliano_R

Reaction score
PB Blaster can help almost instantaneously, it depends on how bad it is.
Harbor Freight sells a propane torch attachment, and they'll hook up to a standard propane cartridge. Might try that.

The 4 hole lug pattern is a pretty standard utility setup, race karts use a 3 lug. Measure the distance from center to center between two opposite lug studs. Usually it's 2 13/16", although some big ones are 4".

Used my acetylene torch and got it out :wai:
The shaft was banged up at the end and it looked like a bolt, thats why i panicked.

Thanks for the tips!

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.