Ken Bar thread for fun, get in here Spunkbrothers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Yeah, that big crack sticks out like a sore thumb, but there are like 6 other extremely small cracks. And so far the gps bushings are holding up. I did swap the engines, when I was running these bushings, the bike had a predator 212 n-h, However I rebuilt the original engine and started running that (it's so much smother). So it may have just been the predator, which is on my go kart now with one of those drivers that has a bearing instead of a bushing.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Just know that needle bearings in clutches and drivers are more sensitive to heat.
Otherwise they're great! Less resistance and lower maintenance!

BigWes

Reaction score
Made a few changes to the Ken-Bar this afternoon. Swapped out the bent OEM wheel assemblies temporarily with the GPS rims and slicks. Also installed the GPS steering wheel. Seems to be upside down so guess I will have to drill some new holes in order to get it right... maybe laters... it'll ride for now.

Ride report...slicks on the front really highlight the worn steering parts when the kart gets up to speed... really sketchy!

It tops out at 39 mph current setup.

IMG_20191120_163609788.jpg

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
....Swapped out the bent OEM wheel assemblies temporarily with the GPS rims and slicks. Also installed the GPS steering wheel. Seems to be upside down so guess I will have to drill some new holes in order to get it right... ....

I have found that Ken-Bar sometimes made little effort to ensure that their steering wheels (or the drilled holes) were straight, like in a proper Y pattern, so while you might turn the spokes so they're at 10 and 2, you won't be heading straight. Kind of irritates me too.

You gonna get a cushion for that seat?

BigWes

Reaction score
I'm going to properly restore and rebuild a proper frame and set of seat rails for it at some point. And then I plan on having a seat cushion made for it...so yea

Status
Not open for further replies.