Kart not smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdannenberg3

Semi-Effective Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I found an engine to put on my kart, but I have a little problem.

When driving it it isnt very smooth. Its kinda jerky like the wheel is off balance, but its not that. It is putting stress on the engine, I can hear it.

But I did notice that when spinning around the chain gets tight and then loose in the same spot. I think one of the links is not bending so its keeping the chain tight when its not on a sprocket, then loose when its going around on the sprocket. Do you think that this would be causing my problem? I dont want to buy a new chain and then find out it wasnt the source!

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
How about cleaning the chain and making sure that it's flexible at every joint? Also might wanna make sure that the sprockets are centered properly, if they're not, they'll cause the chain to be tighter in certain spots.

go kart mozart

Reaction score
my kart has a bent axle and does the same thing. i just ignor it. my minibike does it to cus the sprocket is way off center cus i drilled the holes in the wheel and was in a hury so i put a big wierd chain tensioner on there that jumps up and down when im movin. talk about not "smooth" If its the chain i would recomend taking a coffe can and spraying a whole can of liquid wrench in it and throw your chain in there for a week or so. Works evry time

Status
Not open for further replies.