kart dollies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayde

kayde's tinker toys
Reaction score
Anyone with a live axle go cart knows how difficult it it too maneuver them around especially in a small space.

I came across some wrecked vintage dinner chairs on wheels and scavenged the bases too make some simple but very effective dollies.

Its way easy to roll my lil manco cart around anyway i want now. Especially too stuff the kart back into the tite little corner i keep it in.
These dollies were the first i made and the most needed also the simplest to make with a few scraps of wood.

Since the bases are steel ive used one base and welded up mounts with u bolt/clamps that are set up for rupp mini frames.
Its nice to clamp one on and roll it or spin it or start it up, while working on it.
Whats really nice is too get them up off the ground a little instead of working on the floor all the time.

I have one base i mounted a smaller old vise too that works too hold just about anything thats not too heavy.

Few pics too catch the idea.

Figured i would share my cheap *** solution to a problem i had.

Attachments

• 20190530_142236.jpg
    20190530_142236.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190530_142249.jpg
    20190530_142249.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190530_142315.jpg
    20190530_142315.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 8

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
And if one wanted to get fancy, professional, and expensive, he/she could buy a kart stand!
But your solution has the great advantage of bein' DANG cheap!

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
I've used moving dollies to do it, two under the back tires then you can just spin it around. and for when my dingo didn't have a back axle I used one i place of the back wheels. just put it under the floorpan.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Great idea, bro. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Are the chair bases the pneumatic adjusting type? Would come in useful for raising the kart up a few inches...

kayde

kayde's tinker toys
Reaction score
Thanks guys, im all about repurposeing and being dang cheap where i can.
leaves me with a few extra peso's too stretch.

Almost forgot my bench top blast cabinet is even mounted on a rolling chair base. That one i can raise and lower. It used too tilt too but i have it welded to stay level.

I would like to set up one too hold my t555 but that doesn't sit still long enough.

I try not too use flimsy office chairs with cheap plastic wheels but in some cases like a really light cart they would probally work ok.

Attachments

• 20190601_213059.jpg
    20190601_213059.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 5

kayde

kayde's tinker toys
Reaction score
Great idea, bro. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Are the chair bases the pneumatic adjusting type? Would come in useful for raising the kart up a few inches...

Na the ones for the manco are not pneumatic, but the one i used for my small blast cabinet is.

Ive pondered welding the acme threaded nut from camper leveling stands onto a base and useing the threaded shaft to control height.

I have a few moving dollies too, they are nice for a plywood topper and jack stands, although all mine have totes filled with too heavy for shelf stuff on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.