just starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidmakecart

Reaction score
:bannana: hi im 12 turning 13 in a bit i like working with my hands an im thinking about makeing a go cart but im not really sure about blue prints and stuff plz list some web sites with free blue prints and tell me wat i need
so far i have the motor and welder.
thx plz contact me ason as you find something.

na.ru.to123@hotmail.com :bannana:

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
or oscar, he could give it a shot
you just have to make sure that every thing is sqaure
as in you have straite cuts, perfect angles
dang my spelling sucks! lol
oh bye the way, welcome to the site
my name is Sayre (rhimes with mayer) im 12 and i'll be 13 aug the 14th haha, thats wierd
thats oscar, he apperenly has no personality lol

oscaryu1

Reaction score
or oscar, he could give it a shot
you just have to make sure that every thing is sqaure
as in you have straite cuts, perfect angles
dang my spelling sucks! lol
oh bye the way, welcome to the site
my name is Sayre (rhimes with mayer) im 12 and i'll be 13 aug the 14th haha, thats wierd
thats oscar, he apperenly has no personality lol

I'm Oscar, turned 13 on May 14th, type like an adult, but the complete opposite on instant messengers. I enjoy messing with engines, karts, cars, ect.

Lived in Texas pretty much all my life, asian family... eh...

Enough? :p

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
i'll be 13 the 14th
ummm my name is Sayre, but ofcurse every1 knows that because im popular lol jk haha
i like to mess around with anything and any body (not like sexually, but i like to have a good time)
one of my fav. movies is "ace ventura:pet detective" and "when nature calls" :)
umm i have a tiny bit of indian in me but you realy cant tell
and i've lived in oklahoma my hole life

steve lord

steve lord
Reaction score
Take your time with the project and enjoy your time in doing so.
If you've got a motor and a welder to weld with, you're on your way! Measure twice / weld once.

Take your time. Ask questions and be patient. There are a lot of good people on this site who are glad to answer your questions. Most are like me who have no one else to talk to about building karts! We're all eager to give advice.

Good luck and let's see pictures as you progress!
You can check out my kart made of bed frame in my member introduction thread. I made that when I was younger and it was my first.

Steve Lord

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Hi My name is Jerry Assburger (Fat Old Guy) and I have a Karting Problem.

Welcome, kidmakecart! If you roll your own design, here are a couple of Assburger's pointers....

Base your design off what's available or affordable, running gear-wise. Price out your wheels/tires/axles/spindles and get an idea of what you can run with. For a powerplant, be flexible. If you fabricate a mount for a B/S flatty, you can always mount literally dozens of other motors in the same place, should you want to try something different.
As STUPID as this sounds, find a floor that has 12"x12" linoleum tiles, sit down on it, and record on paper where things are. (Where your feet end, where your butt is, how wide, when you're "steering", where your hand placement is...) as dumb as this sounds (don't let people catch you doing this!) it's a great way to lay-out the basic placement of things. Get out a book of graph paper, and fill every page with details of where you're going. You'll end up throwing a few pages out, but that's evolving your design, and that's normal.
I built the 1st Lowrider using this design practice, and except for over estimating the effectiveness of the front brakes, it's been a 7/10th's success. I also thought that 10" off the ground was "low enough" to corner well, but not for a trike.
The Lowrider v.2.0 is also being designed using this process, and so far, so good....?
Good Luck, and welcome! Post your progress. We all have something to learn from each other.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Sorry to jump in again, but if you're looking to go 4 wheels and hard cornering, might I suggest something that follows the "Treefrog"? I didn't design this thing, but for a live-axle budget kart, this thing does really well. If you're interested, I can post he basic dimensions.

...it's kinda UGLY, design-wise, with the front end hanging out like that, but it helps put the weight in a place for better cornering.
Also, punch in "GoKart" in ebay and you'll be shocked at what's available to you.

gsxrkart

Reaction score
thank you for you help if anyone have and more ideas plz do

hey im new also. i had a wild hair and just got really interested. im 27 ;) ha. start small and learn how everything works first. like me, i wanna build a kart 4 my daughter, a great way 2 learn the dos and donts. then off 2 my gsxrkart ;)
ive watched all the youtube videos. also a great way 2 learn ideas !!! :sifone:

euge

Reaction score
hey my gear ratio is off clutch = 10 Drive = 54
its having a hard time moving with out a push, it has a 3hp briggs and strat. Im thinking off mounting a 6.5 blue engine but i was wondering if the engine would fit on my go kart because the briggs is 3 in away from my seat and i wouldnt want my engine touching the seat

Status
Not open for further replies.