• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Is this safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
On part of the roll cage of my 1996 path winder gokart, there is a sticker that says "for ornamental purposes only." I am able to hit about 40mph so is it safe to do that?

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

sorry can Itsid can you or landuse please move this thread to the off topic forum. thanks

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
My 212 hemi high performance kenbar streaker pacesetter goes 45 or so it used to have a flat tire but i still drove it

Attachments

• 20200117_154005.jpg
    20200117_154005.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 3

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
The best safety is to wear a DOT approved helmet and observe safe driving habits.

Personally I tend to steer away from things with a roll cage-I MEAN, *cough* brush guard.

Extra weight. :cornut:

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
It would do 45 with a flat tire?
Imagine how fast you could go with it aired up!
:roflol:

No it used to do mabey 38 with a flat while having a backed out screw. and now it has a good innertube and a half backed out screw, and no matter what its balls to the walls on this kart. i also wear a "nitro circus" helmet for a bike themed after a dirtbike helmet. Also karl had a 420cc 1 wheel drive kart lol. Plenty safe :roflol:

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

is this a DOT approved helmet? https://www.google.com/search?q=OLD...ECA4QAw&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=XU_BfUtaGrTM3M :roflol:
Thankfully my "brush guard" did not crumble when it rolled during the summer.

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.