Is this a good ratio?

Willisk2004

Williskart
Reaction score
I have a single seater heavy cart not sure what it was originally I’ll post pics but it’s been modified.
Has locked mower diff.
440cc duromax with governor
60 tooth axle sprocket and
10 tooth jack shaft sprocket!

mid this the optimal ratio for torque? I believe it’s like 6.0

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
We need the tooth counts for all of the sprockets (both jackshaft ones, torque converter/clutch) and the tire diameter. :thumbsup:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
6:1 on 22" tyres is a bit of a stretch to say the least...
kart doesn't look too lightweight either..
then again that's a 13horse, right?

might actually work for a total weight of less than 500lbs (kart+rider)

'sid

PS that's not a mower diff.. that is a kart diff (Comet SCD-1) highly thoughtafter diff to be precise no longer in production
if you locked it yourself you burned a lot of money :(

Willisk2004

Williskart
Reaction score
No it was already locked, unless it disengages at a certain speed or in corners maybe. It does seem since I lived everything up real good like its turning easier but still spins both when I’ve had it jacked up. The first time I tried to drive it needed a football field to turn lol just kept pushing the front tires. it’s a 18 horse 440 cc . Anyway to unlock it ? Currently it has torque for days and pretty quick to. What would be an ideal ratio? Again it’s 10 tooth on the jack shaft and 60 tooth on axle with 22x11x8. Thank y’all for the responses

6:1 on 22" tyres is a bit of a stretch to say the least...
kart doesn't look too lightweight either..
then again that's a 13horse, right?

might actually work for a total weight of less than 500lbs (kart+rider)

'sid

PS that's not a mower diff.. that is a kart diff (Comet SCD-1) highly thoughtafter diff to be precise no longer in production
if you locked it yourself you burned a lot of money :(
Any idea what this kart started life as?

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
not really,
reminds me of a KenBar DD9 or rather looks like the single seated version of a KenBar D690
so it might be a close relative or just something that looks close enough for me *shrugs*

'sid

Willisk2004

Williskart
Reaction score
Thanks! I have spent hours scouring the google images and and can’t seem to find any thing identical. I do believe by the different welds that it has been modified, maybe two karts made into one. At least the work was done right and welds are good. I paid $50 for the kart with a blown engine so I can’t complain