Intake Hose.....Tube.....Thingy.....HELP?

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
So I almost have everything in place to assemble the Raptor, except an intake piece. I have a 28mm PWK flatslide carburetor, which is what Flyinhillbilly used to run on this same engine. He was also kind enough to include the intake manifold. Now I have a problem, I don't have the hose thingy to connect the two. You know how on some motorcycles they have a (barely) flexible tube connecting the carburetors to the engine. Yeah I need one of those, about 1.25" ID, but I don't know what to search for. I know I'll need some suitable hose clamps too.
@Flyinhillbilly can ya point me in the right direction? I'm itching to get this going.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
So I almost have everything in place to assemble the Raptor, except an intake piece. I have a 28mm PWK flatslide carburetor, which is what Flyinhillbilly used to run on this same engine. He was also kind enough to include the intake manifold. Now I have a problem, I don't have the hose thingy to connect the two. You know how on some motorcycles they have a (barely) flexible tube connecting the carburetors to the engine. Yeah I need one of those, about 1.25" ID, but I don't know what to search for. I know I'll need some suitable hose clamps too.
@Flyinhillbilly can ya point me in the right direction? I'm itching to get this going.
Just take the adapter to you local parts store, but a radiator hose that fits and a couple of hose clamps.
Then you cut a piece of the hose and couple the two with it. I like to butt the carb up to the adapter, so it being flexible isn’t a problem.

karl

Reaction score
I second that, 1 1/4 radiator hose worked for me, and I have used in the past.

The hose is stiff, so just get good quality worm clamps, or I might go find some thick wire formed type clamps.

Attachments

• 20211104_175913.jpg
    20211104_175913.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I second that, 1 1/4 radiator hose worked for me, and I have used in the past.

The hose is stiff, so just get good quality worm clamps, or I might go find some thick wire formed type clamps.
Haha I am NOT suffering through wire formed clamps, those things SUCK in my experience. I'm going with screw worm clamps.

karl

Reaction score
those things SUCK in my experience. I'm going with screw worm clamps.
bottom line, cheap clamps suck. Cheap worm clamps can't even tighten reinforced radiator hose without bending/ stripping out (cough harbor freight)
Cheap wire clamps suck. But heavy duty wire clamps that use like a m6x1.0 bolt and proper threaded nut can provide way more clamp load
than a super coarse worm clamp in thin stainless, and have less chance of backing out.

Anyway , if you get a quality worm clamp (might have better luck going to home improvement stores rather than auto parts joints) ,
it's gonna be just fine.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Stripped out a few worm screw hose clamps before getting frustrated enough to make my own clamp (can't recall what it was for, wasn't a gokart or minibike thing.........).
I cut a strip of steel from some heavy duty sheet metal (14 or 16 gauge ?), drilled a hole in each end, bent the ends up, stuffed a bolt thru it. Could have crushed a can of Spaghetti-o's with it.