****iing clutch is pissing me off..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Get yourself a nice big metal one! I got a brass (or maybe copper is old and dirty) one that IDK how I lived without! Imagine a world where you can pop off a flywheel without worrying about crank damage!

Aryukei

Reaction score
Who do you think you are? Your 12 years old and has to ask why his sprocket wont spin. Russ has learned already and is still learning everyday. When he said measure he didnt mean to get out your school ruler and measure. Where talking thousands of a inch here.

12 years old? Wtf?

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Aryukei- explain exactly what's going on with the clutches and we can attempt to help. If you have a Harbor Freight somewhere nearby, invest $5 in a wheel-puller... it makes life a LOT easier than trying to get the clutch on/off by other means. (Cursing, hammering, prying...)
If jr dragster tyler is right..... you know what's coming next.

2or3wheels

Reaction score
is your set screw in and not allowing it off, i had a clutch that had an internal set screw(not the one u have) but used a 4 foot long piece of 1/2" metal to take it off, crank was all scored but still on my mow cart working today(max torque clutch).

gocartkid

Bad Attitude
Reaction score
Listen dude, there is no reason to have an attitude on this forum. This site is all about good people helping out each other. That is the reason I joined; there was no hostility just honest help. Let's keep it that way, huh? I'm sure it's intimidating for new members to join and jump in with this BS going on.

With that being said....I would do as Jerry mentioned and invest in a puller, I will be buying one very soon (don't know how I've come thus far without one). I would take it off and then take it apart and have a look. Something may be damaged or stuck? And like mentioned before a vid would help us out and show us exactly what it is doing. And pounding on the face of a clucth WILL mess it up. I did that to a clutch and it wouldn't come disengaged. I determined that the outer housing was bent so it rubbed. I was able to bend it back and it worked ok. Not new mind you, but good enough.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Hm hasn't responded yet..maybe its bed time for grumpy? I would hope he looks back and see how silly he looks after saying such things on a public forum...

fluxcored

Reaction score
Russ seems to be taking it in his stride and I think Aryukei actually made a play on what's its called ........ the line below Russ' avatar ... which reads Reed-Tarded.

I may be wrong on that but without a doubt the way Russ handled the issue is an example to us all.

Any case, I'm here to learn and have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.