• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

I made a cannon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Today I was sick and bored so I decided to make myself a little cannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uilIJxP1Mdo

Only equal in power.

BUILD DETAILS

I used a 1/2" bolt of unknown grade, bored with a 3/16 drill bit in the drill press, it didn't come out perfectly straight or centered but the walls are still plenty thick.

Broke a 1/16" bit drilling the flash hole, the bit was completely though(and broke off ~1/16" in, poking in the barrel ~1/16") so I thought a little overkill might get the job done.

That didn't work so I said screw it, firing pressure will blow the little bastard out or it will stay there and wont cause any problems, lets find out!

Bad hole closest to bolt head.

Added a flash pan(3/16 drill) and I had a functional barrel, broken bit not going anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PEtiIOCHpU

I then filed a flat spot for the wheel bracket, soldered on the wheel bracket and a little copper wire "tail" to complete the gun.

Scorch3

Reaction score
Cool i always wanted to try and build on but never got around to it. Now you just need to scale it up into a musket lol.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
I am a pro at lighting matches one handed.

That's Pyrodex P, super low power "smokeless"(smokes like black) powder meant to be substituted for 3F black powder. It's only made because black powder is a ***** to ship, cant buy it off a shelf, store has to keep it in a vault, HAZ-MAT shipped, etc.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
I live by my musket one is a cap and ball me and my dad made it ourselfs, and a pre built flint and steel musket PA pellet .50 cal the other is a .45

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Lmao "Stop!"

You can blame my sister for that.

[rant]

She cant figure out how to start a lawnmower (its out of gas YOU ****ING IDIOT!), or pour gasoline(old rectangular can with spout pointing backwards, couldn't figure out how to adjust).

If she doesn't want to do something she pisses people off till they do it for her.

Lefty loosy, righty tighty is not in her vocabulary, she cannot find a screwdriver to fit a screw.

Basic logic and reason is often out of her reach.

She is such a ***** her own mother has said it to her face.

She cannot understand how the dog we have had for 3 years thinks(if he growls back up and leave him alone, don't yell at him).

Then she gets a 2 year free ride scholarship for no particular reason. Let me remind you this kid is 12 and thinks she is 30, with the mentality of a 3 year old.

She doesn't not understand the concept of keeping things short, if she wants to tell us about how somebody slipped on a banana at lunch she will tell what happened all of 4th hour leading up to lunch, what she ate for lunch, and a ****load of other unrelated junk. What takes most people 1 minute to explain takes 15 for her. she does this whenever she has a chance.

She believes anything and everything she hears. And cannot keep a secret even with a loaded gun to her head. She does not think before opening her mouth.

Sometimes I have violent images in my head involving a lead pipe and her face, I only hold back to keep my mother happy.

If my sister were some random person who I just so happened to come in contact with on a daily basis I would go postal.

[/rant]

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Thats too bad your sister is like that. Just wait untill puberty kicks in. THEN you will see the real anoyance. What was she doing in the video when you told her to stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.