I love freebies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smerft85

Reaction score
20191115_151056.jpg

20191115_151105.jpg

20191115_151115.jpg

Picked up this frame today, 3 hour round trip is all it cost me. Little 2hp briggs runs but dies, and the gx160 runs strong but the shaft is for a water pump or similar so if it can't be modified I may just do a new crank. Unless someone comes along and tells me it's a rupp or something else decent, she will be a parts kart, hope you all enjoy the couple pictures!

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Daaang!! Lucky!
The 2 HP Briggs running then dying sounds like a condenser problem. Wouldn't hurt to overhaul the ignition.
I dunno what it is, but it looks like a hacked up yard kart, or maybe a homemade kart.

Smerft85

Reaction score
Daaang!! Lucky!
The 2 HP Briggs running then dying sounds like a condenser problem. Wouldn't hurt to overhaul the ignition.
I dunno what it is, but it looks like a hacked up yard kart, or maybe a homemade kart.

At minimum it's hacked with home made improvements here and there. Honestly I went for the engines, the coolest item other than that is a dual sprocket on the drive wheel, looks to be a factory made part, but I'll know for sure as I get into it. I'm not even sure what the purpose is for the dual sprocket, but it's the only one I've ever seen for a dead axle. Thanks for the pointer on the little briggs, if I can make it run right I'll use it, but probably not on a kart.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
2 HP might make a good kids minibike powerplant. Could fix up a minibike, stick it on there, and sell it for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.