I just got warned by cops to stay out of parking lots, and roads.

G.W

Reaction score
Pop the retaining ring for the clutch drum, there should be a bushing in the drum, oil that with some 30 weight oil. Gopowersports has a good walk through on youtube

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
No there is no place you can get away with it in your entire area besides the ORV area. If you have an ORV area to ride. I hate to say it but I imagine a cop who hassles a kid on a gokart probably got a family that hates him..

panchothedog

Reaction score
Wait until the property owner checks with his insurance company. Permission probably not coming. As stated by Thepartsguy, an ORV park is probably the best LEGAL option. After an unknown neighbor called the police for the 3rd time on my Grandkids, out of fear of impoundment, I bought a utility trailer and now tow almost two hours each way to the desert. It SUCKS. What ya gonna do.

panchothedog

Reaction score
I hope you guys are just joking around with the O P. No police officer in uniform is going to get out of his cruiser, take a few rips in a kart, or on a mini bike, and then say wow that was fun, you can keep riding here. BE realistic.

G.W

Reaction score
If you live in a small town you'd be surprised. Fourth of July one year the ordinance officer was going around making sure people didn't have "illegal fireworks" and we offered him some BBQ and to light a couple fireworks off. He hung out for a few chatting, eating some BBQ, and lit off a couple fire crackers 😆

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score

Grizzlymi

Wolverine
Reaction score
It is hit or miss around here with the police. Iv'e been stopped many times on a go karts and mini bikes. 90% of the time its a grumpy neighbor that calls and the police just ask you to take it home. I did have a go kart impounded when I was 15. Gave me a careless driving ticket, operating a vehicle with no plates or registration and called a flat bed to impound it. I still have the ticket. Lol. Happened in the mid 1990's. I went to court and got 6 mons advicement and it came of my driving record. I didn't even have a license yet. 🤣

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Case in point. Funny how one of the most legendary street racers of the early 70's was a cop.
That whole story about that car is made up BS! The son was a story writer and people who were there don’t remember it. The story was proven to be made up for the auction of the car to drive the price up and it worked.

electraglide

Reaction score
Unless you have a ranch or open property or know someone who does, places to ride are pretty slim to none. I'm gonna sell my karts because of that. I'd like to buy a couple acres and build a track on it and charge people to use it ( at their own risk of course , signing a release of liability ) but I am too old to start something new. Cops around here are sympathetic, they just tell you to leave and don't come back. That can only go so far.

G.W

Reaction score
Unless you have a ranch or open property or know someone who does, places to ride are pretty slim to none. I'm gonna sell my karts because of that. I'd like to buy a couple acres and build a track on it and charge people to use it ( at their own risk of course , signing a release of liability ) but I am too old to start something new. Cops around here are sympathetic, they just tell you to leave and don't come back. That can only go so far.
I luve pretty close to BLM land, so I can probably get there driving my kart without getting in trouble

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
That's sad you're having to get rid of your karts. It's hard to find spots.