I don't take long... sort of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzFab

Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this since I built my trailer but, the mesh was the expensive part that prevented it happening; a few weeks ago, I saw an ad for black steel mesh (as opposed to gal) for $11 for a 8'x4' sheet, MEGA cheap by comparison so, I picked up 3...

Once I moved, a local fabrication shop was selling off seconds products (usable but, something went wrong in the gal process), again, at $11 for a 21' length... I'll take two...

A week later, my trailer FINALLY has cage sides... well, almost; everything is tacked but, then I ran out of welding wire & being in a small town, I can't pick up a new spool for a week...

Here's the progress so far...

Attachments

• IMAG1269[1].jpg
    IMAG1269[1].jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG1268[1].jpg
    IMAG1268[1].jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 9

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Cool now you can haul chickens!

Or just not lose grass catchers on the Highway

mckutzy

Reaction score
Ironically over here.... that almost looks like what we use to catch bears when they wonder in town....... Ya I know in a big city.... ya cool story braa...
No, it has happened......

Mind you between us in our amateur kid/bear/kangaroo/dog/small mammal catching rigs.....
Landuse and his dailly stroll would out beat us in along shot..... compared to some of the things he showed us going to work........The lion and the elephant.... that was a cool shot there...... cant forget that one......

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Ironically over here.... that almost looks like what we use to catch bears when they wonder in town....... Ya I know in a big city.... ya cool story braa...
No, it has happened......

Mind you between us in our amateur kid/bear/kangaroo/dog/small mammal catching rigs.....
Landuse and his dailly stroll would out beat us in along shot..... compared to some of the things he showed us going to work........The lion and the elephant.... that was a cool shot there...... cant forget that one......

How can you even go there and not mention the giraffe in the pothole?

mckutzy

Reaction score
I guessed I missed that one.... poor animal.......

I hate to say it.... but do you think he(it) see it coming.... or just walked around and wasnt paying attention... 20 something feet above the ground.......
hehehe

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Man that is cheap, i'm building a headache rack for one of my trucks and paid about 8 times that price for expanded metal.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw him in the same hole again this morning. The other animals i see every now and again. The dirt roads are a killer

Attachments

• Giraffe_final_sml.jpg
    Giraffe_final_sml.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 9
  • elephant.jpg
    elephant.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 8
  • vwlove.jpg
    vwlove.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.